Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Iso or poor micro sd card?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Corrupt Iso or poor micro sd card?

Hi guys

I got myself a psp 3000 running pro cfw 6.60 c3. I also got the cr 5400 dual adapter and a new micro sd card as I gave my old one to my mum. The problem I'm facing now is that gta vice city stories works but at the same time gta liberty city stories shows up as corrupted data no matter how many times I send it to my psp. The same also happens for mgs portable ops both eu and american versions. Is it the micro sd card the adapter or even the firmware I'm running?

Thanks
    EP Points

Try changing your UMD Iso mode. (Press select in XMB)

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Check the ISO size after you have done copying, make sure it has the same exact size with the original ISO, it won't work even if it less by few bytes.

Make sure to put the ISO on the right folder as well on your memstick (/ISO folder) and shorten the filename if its too long.

If nothing works, then the problem is likely the sd card you currently have, if you have another card, test it out and see if its working or not.
    vc3 released.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Firmware = fine
    MicroSD = not enough info received to have any sort of judgement there, but for now lets rule that out as another game does show correctly and not corrupt
    Adapter = possible, but unusual for one game to be recognized then another not so for now I would rule that out
    UMD driver = can't see it, that would not show the game as corrupt even if you had a UMD driver set that would not run the game, rule this out also
    ISO = may not be extracted fully or possibly a failed download
    File Path = Incorrect path used all *.iso and *.cso files are stored in the ISO folder, sub folders can not be used

It's either the File Path or the ISO that is the issue

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Do I change the Iso mode before I copy the game over as when I copy it over it shows as corrupted data gezegond?

Meganova I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you explain it a bit more in layman terms for me please? I use 7 zip extract the files find the rar file then extract that to make the iso or if there is no rar file highlight all the files and extract to make the iso if that makes any sense?

Zorlon the adapter is the photofast CR-5400 dual slots. The micro SD card says on it micro SD HC class 10 32 gb. I put the Iso's in the ISO folder at the base of the psp where other folders are located. I've reformatted the memory stick I have reinstalled the cfw also. When I take off gta vice city stories and reformat it I can play gta liberty city stories. Mgs portable ops is not working at all and dragonball z shin budokai another road also shows up as corrupted data.

Thanks
    EP Points

For me sometimes I would get corrupted error, and changing the ISO mode to something else before launching the game would solve the issue. Depends on your firmware I think...

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay thanks I'll try that.

Its weird because when I reformat the memory stick and reinstall the cfw which ever iso of the gta's I install first works and then the second one doesn't so if I install gta liberty city stories first that will work when I try and use the gta vice city stories iso it will show up as corrupted data no matter how many times I install it and vice versa if I was do to gta vice city stories first that will work but when I try and install gta liberty city stories it will show up as corrupted data.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    Meganova I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you explain it a bit more in layman terms for me please? I use 7 zip extract the files find the rar file then extract that to make the iso or if there is no rar file highlight all the files and extract to make the iso if that makes any sense?
    After you have copied the 2nd .iso, check the file size, does it match to the original source? I mean, for example,gta.iso from the pc/laptop(original source) and gta.iso on memstick.

Also, if you have an extra memory stick, perhaps you can test it out? (install CFW, and put games on it) and see if the same problem happen.

It can be a directory/file path problem as well, can you put a screenshot of the ISO folder on memory stick?

@gezegond: OP problem could be related to where the games shown up as 'Corrupted File' on the XMB, instead of when the corrupted message appear after loading the game (and one of the solution is by switching ISO mode).
    vc3 released.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

also please do a screen grab of the iso file on the memstick

was there any sort of error while extracting??

P.S. always copy data to the PSP memstick directly either via the PSP itself or via a memstick pro duo reader never to the Micro SD directly though (Ii.e. do not transfure to the Micro SD via a SD card adapter or Micro SD reader, just copy to the Micro SD while it is in the CR-5400 card, the same rule applies to formatting but you should do that via the PSP anyway)

Micro SD is more than fine

The Adapter though may still have a fault they are really very very hard to get the real one, in fact both of the ones I have had are fakes but they work fine but on the same note that are a lot of them are faulty in one way or another, but for now lets rule that out and make sure everything else is fine.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2014 at 07:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    @gezegond: OP problem could be related to where the games shown up as 'Corrupted File' on the XMB, instead of when the corrupted message appear after loading the game (and one of the solution is by switching ISO mode).
    Oh right. I misunderstood the problem then.

Quote Originally Posted by kripz View Post
    Its weird because when I reformat the memory stick and reinstall the cfw which ever iso of the gta's I install first works and then the second one doesn't so if I install gta liberty city stories first that will work when I try and use the gta vice city stories iso it will show up as corrupted data no matter how many times I install it and vice versa if I was do to gta vice city stories first that will work but when I try and install gta liberty city stories it will show up as corrupted data.
    That is indeed weird. Have you tried a different cfw?
    Last edited by gezegond; 20th-May-2014 at 10:31. Reason: fix double post

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pro 3c is just fine as I'm sure Meganova can also verify

This has a higher chance of being a transfer error or transfer'd incorrectly, possibly formatted wrongly also if it was not formatted by the PSP itself, that can cause issues also as it may not be able to read the memstick pro, Micro SD adapter correctly and only read so much of it

The Micro SD must be in slot 1 (the upper slot) in the adapter

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys I got the gta liberty city stories iso to show up as I was checking its file size as meganova said it was the same size I disconnected my psp and the iso showed up. I tried to play it unfortunately it goes to the gta load screen stays there and crashes its done this to all the modes I changed the psp to thanks to gezegond from inferno to m33 to sony it still crashes. I noticed my memory stick would blink but when on the load screen before it crashes it just stays on before the psp switches off.

I format it via the psp and all the folders should be in order my images should come up.

Psp issues.png

Psp issues 2.png

Psp issues 3.png

Psp issues 4.png

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The shots look fine

I take it the first two games read just fine or is it just the first one.

How do you copy the games over to the MicroSD?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I just tried mgs portable ops eur version and the iso file was the same size but it showed up as corrupt data.

I use a cable between the psp and pc yeah the first two games are fine gta vice city stories and god of war just now gta liberty city stories and mgs not working.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2014 at 17:27.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am very tempted to blame the issue on the actual Adapter that you put the MicroSD into :/

I use 2x32GB Samsung MicroSD's both class (10) and tons of games on it at once and never seen it have a corrupt image shown for any game iso

Your transfer method is perfect and the safest way to do that

You also formatted via the PSP that does ensure it can be read correctly

You already ruled out bad iso images as you stated the games do work when they are the only games on there, but read as corrupt when they are put on the memstick adapter later though after other games unless I misunderstood your earlier posts.

If you never got those working I can test those images on my own PSP and make sure they do work, I'm on the same custom firmware anyway, though I use a 2000 model with it perm on Pro C2.

EDIT:-

Just thought of something that I know can cause problems

Make sure you extract the iso or cso image on your PC before you copy it to the PSP, do not drag the disc image out of a compressed file as that can cause issues on it's own, though I don't think that is the issue from what I can tell.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2014 at 17:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]