Thread: "Corrupted Data" for loading EBOOT files on PSP

Thanks
    EP Points

Default "Corrupted Data" for loading EBOOT files on PSP

I'm new to these forums, but not new to hacking. I have a decent wealth of knowledge, and have hacked multiple consoles before this. I'm sure that I've done almost everything correctly, as I can play both ISO/CSO files from my Memory Stick on my PSP, but I can't play these EBOOT files that I've downloaded from this site and I don't understand. Here is my System Information:

System Model: PSP1000
    System Software: 6.60 PRO-C
    Nickname: P038
    MAC Address: [ Model: 01g ]

I've seen that there have been updates for the PRO-C, like PRO-C2, but I'm not sure what the major difference(s) is/are, and don't see the need to upgrade/downgrade if I can play other games just fine. I can run other games from before, such as Clock Tower 1 & 2, but out of the 15 games that I've just gotten ahold of and tried to play, it just says "Corrupted Data". All I did was just drag-and-drop the Folder for the game (e.g. Final Fantasy VIII) into the PSP/GAME folder, and loaded it into my PSP.

Again, I CAN play ISO/CSO files, those aren't the problem; I want to be able to play the PSX2PSP files (EBOOTs), as there are so many great games on the older console as opposed to the handheld era. I'm sorry if this post isn't informative enough, I tend to ramble and be rash about things.

Thank you all in advance!
    -Itsutsume

==

Sorry for the bump/double-post, but I found my own solution:

I scrolled down the recent posts list, and found someone else who had a similar issue with loading PSX2PSP files, and someone on there said to just delete the .JPG file of the game's artwork, and don't change the game ID. I had two directories in every folder, and without further confusion, here's what I mean:

Here's what I WAS doing:

PSP > GAME > Alundra [U] [SLUS-00553] > SLUS00553 > EBOOT.PBP

Where this is what I NEEDED to do:

PSP > GAME > SLUS00553 > EBOOT.PBP

Sorry for all of the confusion, and if anyone was currently figuring this out/working on this issue of mine, thank you! I'm really sorry to be so bothersome, but I've had company over and didn't have my full attention on this issue to correct it. Thank you all!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13th-May-2014 at 01:03. Reason: posts merged

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Itsutsume For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you convert all the EBOOTs by yourself? or download it from somewhere?

If it's the latter, check game folder again (FFVIII), and make sure the EBOOT.PBP file is inside the folder.
    but, if it's the former, I suggest do the conversion again using PSX2PSP.

Also, it would be good if you can provide screenshots of the folders as well.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, meganova, although I've already figured out my own problem(s) lol. I really do appreciate the help; I should've just known that it had something to do with the folder system, and should've taken a screen-shot of it to help you guys out. Anyways, thank you!