Thread: How to play Ibara Kuro on MAME 0.143? (64 bit)

Thanks

Default How to play Ibara Kuro on MAME 0.143? (64 bit)

Hello, gents. I've been trying to run this game by Cave called Ibara kuro. I tried to previously run it on MAME 0.148, but when despite me adding the game into the rom folder, whenever I opened the application, It wasn't even listed and I couldn't find it in the game list, despite fully typing the name. So I've tried to use it on MAME 0.143, and the good news is, unlike 0/148, it's actually listed! However, whenever I try and run it, it's state is "not working", and sound has not yet been implemented, and it won't start up. So, am I missing some type of Bios file, or is the game itself not completely ready to work yet in emulation? Thanks, lads.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ibara Kuro is not found in MAME because MAME does not support it

It is possible that there are hacked versions of MAME that have the game listed (I do not know of any such hacks) but officially MAME does not support that game

MAME 0.143 briefly had basic drivers but could not run the game

Quote Originally Posted by MAME History 0.152
    Ibara (c) 2005 Cave Company, Limited.
    - TECHNICAL -
    Cave 3rd Generation Hardware
    Main CPU : Hitachi SH-3 CPU, 133 Mhz Clock Sound Chips : Yamaha YMZ770C-F
    Players : 2 Control : 8-way Joystick Buttons : 2 = > [A] Shot, [B] Bomb
    - TRIVIA -
    Ibara was released in June 2005.
    Developed by Cave and distributed by AMI (Amusement Marketing International).
    Cave released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Ibara Original Soundtrack - CVST-0003) on 30/01/2006.
    Shinji Hosoe, a famous video game music composer, participed on this game, even if he left Namco seven years before, in 1998 (He joined a music label called 'Super Sweep').
    - TIPS AND TRICKS -
    * Special Formations Wide : Get 6 option items back-to-back. Search : Get 5 bomb-chips back-to-back then get option item Rolling : Get 5 symbols back-to-back then get option item Back : Get 5 small shot items back-to-back then get option item
    * Secret Modes : Harder Mode (with very hard) : Hold Up on the title screen then start the game Extended Mode (with two laps) : Hold Down on the title screen then start the game
    * Secret Bonus : Use bomb when first stage starts and "Stage 1" is displayed
    - SERIES -
    1. Ibara (2005) 2. Ibara Kuro - Black Label (2006) 3. PinkSweets - Ibara Sorekara (2006)
    - STAFF -
    Producer : Kenichi Takano Director/Programmer : Shinobu Yagawa Chief Designer : Akira Wakabayashi Designers : TNK, Hideki Nomura, Tamajo Character Designer : Tomoyuki Kotani Voicer Actors : (Rose Garden) Teresa - Chiharu Komine, Lace - Nami Aoki, Shasta - Maiko Mori, Kasumi - Kumiko Ishihara, Midi - Mao Shimura, Meidi - Asako Naito (Negotiator) Bond - Daisuke Matsumoto, Dyne - Akira Wakabayashi, Music Composer : Shinji Hosoe (Super Sweep) Sound Creators : Ayako Saso (Super Sweep), Daisuke Matsumoto Supervisor : Sanae Ikeda Special Assistants : Toshiaki Tomizawa, Takatsugu Furuhata, Atsushi Niitama, Yuji Inoue, Asuka Mochida, Junko Ueki, Kaori Itamura, Junji Seki, Yui Yoshii, Shunsuke Nakata, Tyap, Ikumi Fujiwara, Shimarisu Okoshi
    - PORTS -
    * Consoles : Sony PlayStation 2 (Feb.21, 2006; "Ibara [Model SLPM-66301]")
    - SOURCES -
    Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?n = ibara&page = detail&id = 4002&o = 2
    Game's ROM. Game's screenshots. Official website: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/ibara/
    0.142u5 [Guru, Luca Elia]

WIP:
    - 0.144: This game was removed from MAME.
    - 0.143u2: Changed description to 'Ibara (2005/03/22 MASTER VER..)'.
    - 0.142u5: Added Ibara Kuro (Cave 2006).
    - 21st February 2011: CaH4e3 - Demul WIP: Cave Arcade Espgaluda II, Mushihime-tama, Death Smiles and Ibara.
    - 3rd January 2010: Luca Elia - Cave are world famous for their manic shooters (danmaku, aka "bullet hell"). I have been experimenting with Cave's newest hardware platform, based on a currently unemulated Hitachi SH-3 CPU (having written Cave driver for their older 68000 based system, some ten years ago). The game in question is Ibara, a gorgeous shooter that bears more than a similarity to Raizing's Battle Garegga and Battle Bakraid. In fact they were all programmed by Shinobu Yagawa (his Recca, on the NES, being the grandfather of them all). The game runs dog slow anyway (peaks at 5% on my Athlon64 3000). There is no sound (unemulated YMZ770C-F chip, also sound ROMs are not dumped). No EEPROM/Real Time Clock support (unemulated RTC 9701 chip). The SH-3 CPU emulation is very preliminary, hacked on top of the SH-4 core. The graphics chip is an FPGA, programmed at boot by the main CPU. It does high-color graphics blitting with support for several blending modes. The current implementation is probably reasonable, but some details are to be improved. I think colors are a bit off in shadows, for instance, although that may be caused by the low resolution I use to perform the mixing (5 bits). Graphics are stored in 128 MB of flash memory - the chips you can find in USB pen drives or in SSDs - and are loaded in RAM on demand (see the funky loading screen). For more infos on the hardware and games see World-of-Arcades (http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Ibara/Ibara.htm) and System 16 (http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id = 868). Thanks to Guru.
    - 27th February 2008: Guru - Last but not least Cave's Ibara, purchased by me about a year ago that R. Belmont was holding for me until such time that I was ready for it.

Romset: 145408 kb / 4 files / 30.9 zip
    The game was only in MAME for a few versions and was never playable

P.S. MAME is up to version 0.153 now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-May-2014 at 12:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR