Thread: Issues With Ps2 Emu and Final Fantasy Game.

Thanks

Default Issues With Ps2 Emu and Final Fantasy Game.

I have been trying to work this out for about 4 hours now. But I'm having a few issues with this. I'm using pcsx2 and Final Fantasy X, However about 6 times downloading it from different sites, I have received only the .img file and upon attempted opening, the Emulator responds with
    File Not Found Path: ISOfilesystem Now I've seen a few different posts that help a bit with getting rid of issues with discs, The issue is I no longer have the disc, or the Ps2 (bad breakup) So I am operating solely on the emu and (what I thought was) the ISO.

The emu will open the Action Replay Max I downloaded fine, but Will not open this.

It won't let me upload any pictures But my emu settings are basic out of the extractor settings, no changes to plugins were made.

**Hardware**
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G460 @ 1.80GHz 1.80GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB (3.89 usable)
    Windows 7 Home Prem. 64-bit

Emulator
    pcsx2
    Version 1.2.1
    To my knowledge with multiple downloads and sites visited this is the only Edition of the ps2 Emulator, and FFx available.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use the official site

There are many many versions of this emulator mostly due to svn builds (newer svn builds are version 1.3.0 builds) also found at the official site

Sounds like you are extracting the disc image contents with WinRAR, you either need to take iso out of the WinRAR settings (so winrar does not try to auto extract it) or use www.7-zip.org instead

P.S. your machine is a little too slow for PS2 emulation anyway, this I am sure you will find out for yourself though soon enough.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Make sure you have the actual .ISO file before running it on PCSX2. Like Zorlon has said, the .IMG file (e.g IORPxx.IMG) is one of the file contents within the disc image. You should see other files such as SYSTEM.CNF, SLUS/SLES, IRX.DAT, etc as well.

and yes, your specs is not recommended for PCSX2 (I assume that is a laptop), slowdown and audio issues will probably happen most of the time.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...on-my-computer
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Whats your graphics chip/card??

Like mentioned above your specs so far are less than ideal. I have some experience running FFX on a lower end laptop though and played through the entire thing over a year ago. Your Cpu will likely be a bottleneck though.