Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't get crusader of centy to start

Thanks
    EP Points

Default can't get crusader of centy to start

I picked this game up off of the main site and am trying to run it on Gens emulator version 2.14. The extracted version of the game shows as a .md file, which when i select "open rom" from the menu, won't even show up. If I tell Gens to simply open the zip instead, it sits at a blank screen acting as if i never even selected something for it to open.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Change the roms extension to .gen and see if that helps , also just use Kega Fusion, much better emulator.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Typically i will just run games from the zip file without extracting them. I extracted this one since it didn't want to work that way. Changing the extension did indeed get the game to start though. I hope changing the extension doesn't cause any bugs or anything in playing the game. As for changing emulators.....I haven't run into many problems with gens overall, just a couple here and there. If I run into more problems in the future, i might think about switching over. I don't play a whole lot of genesis games, though lately i've been digging around a bit, so that could end up changing.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-April-2014 at 03:05.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No it wont cause any glitches, Usually Genesis roms are either .md .gen or .bin, all ya need to do is change the extension if need be.

I don't know if you like filters but Fusion has the best filter ever, xBR , makes games look so nice and HD, like try it with sonic and see just how nice it looks.

its so great xBR is used in all kinds of emulators now.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

most of my extensions are .srm or .bin for the games i have. I do like filters for most emulators usually, but honestly games look great to me on gens . Now i've run into a new issue though, not sure if its normal for this to happen or not, so heres a screenie

Maybe its just me, but I don't really think the cursor is supposed to look that way
    EDIT
    disabling stretch and running in a window instead of full screen does not seem to change that.

EDIT AGAIN
    Okay just decided to try Kega fusion, grabbed a copy of version 3.64. I ran into an oddity when configuring the controller, i told it to configure for a 3 button setup, but when i went to configure the keys it still ran me through all of the keys rather than only A B C movement and start. Was also having an issue with going full screen, but that was solved by "running as administrator"(not even sure why I needed to do that since I already have administrative privileges.)

Okay Kega fusion has decided it doesn't even want to start the game. It just sits there running at 60 FPS, with a black screen.(tried leaving it for 2+min never went anywhere) I have configured a bios for the emulator already so i know thats now the issue. Settings are mostly default outside of telling it where to find the bios files, configuring the controller, and enabling vsync. I noticed that in the "video" menu if I go down to "render plugin" nothing shows up to select, I find myself wondering if maybe this is the issue.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-April-2014 at 04:29.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What on earth have you done to poor Fusion

As it happens you don't need a bios at all for Genesis/Megadrive that is totally optional same as it is for GameGear and Mastersystem

32X and CD do require bios images set up though

I can't get it to sit on a black screen even setting the incorrect region, just states the game is designed for NTSC consoles (even when you try the JAP region that I found a little odd) so not sure what you have done to break it

The cursor was like that on the real console it's not an error, played this way way back in the day, when I really was scrapping the barrel for something to play, but turned out to be an ok game, not fantastic but was fun in alot of places once you get into it (Look out for Sonic the Hedgehog in this one, just a cameo)

It's also normal for it to setup a 6 button pad even if you have a 3 button one selected, Fusion will still see it as a 3 button pad but if you set that to 6 buttons it will already be setup, great from the few games that support it, only 2 off the top of my head are Duke Nukem 3D that kinda sucks but an interesting play anyway if you cheat like there is no tomorrow & Story of Thor (aka Beyond Oasis) a very very good Action RPG, puts Soliel (aka Crusader of Centry) to shame.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-April-2014 at 10:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Well i downloaded Fusion from off of the main site here. I already listed the only setting changes i made to it(the bios files came from the main site as well) The game also comes from the main site. I have attached my current .ini file for fusion to the post if you want to take a look. I've also tried running other games as well, all of them black screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Very odd works fine for me with your ini file also even has the game on the load list as a gen file I just run zip files myself, so just had to change gen to zip, the game runs fine.

Something external to the program may be preventing it from running correctly, try resetting you machine.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

tried restarting computer, still the same. Tried disabling norton 360 firewall and auto protect for a few min, again still black screens. I have malwarebytes and superantispyware(both free versions) but they weren't running at the time. Maybe Fusion just hates windows 7? Tried running as administrator and various compatability modes, no help there either. Tried deleting .ini file and ONLY configuring genesis bios location, again no help there either.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-April-2014 at 15:58.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I run Windows 7 and never had an issue with it :/

Kega Fusion was one of the first emulators I got on my Windows 7 laptop

The official site even lists Win7 as being one of the platforms it works on

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I still find myself wondering if my blank "render plugins" in the menu has something to do with this.....literally nothing at all shows up in the little menu there that should pop out, its just flat empty.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-April-2014 at 16:11.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Tell you what you can have my plugins

They are optional though (for some reason it's only the x2 ones that work for me x3 and x4 just act the same as the x2 ones)

P.S. this game runs fine in Gens also if you want to go back to that I prefer Fusion but at the end off the day there is little between them

md format is just binary format *.bin and changing the name so gens recognises it is fine

Also try using official sites, they tend to have up to date info versions a clean downloads
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-April-2014 at 16:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

went and dug some up for it off of emucr, still the same thing, black screen I was going to try to post on the official site forums for the emulator, but I can't even find a register option there, so thats out of the question . I guess for now its back to playing on gens, since i can't seem to make fusion happy enough to work. Is the cursor supposed to look like that in the game? *points to screenie some posts above* I've also looked here http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-ind...e=KegaFAQ&bl=y and tried the suggestion under graphics problems, again still black screen for all games.

EDIT
    Tried kega fusion 3.63, same results.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-April-2014 at 16:36.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gens is a very good emulator anyway there is little difference between Gens and Fusion just stick with Gens for now.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah i guess so, any idea on the screenie? Is the cursor really supposed to look that way? It looks off to me....
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-April-2014 at 16:55.