Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 General Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

lawl I only mentioned the framerate, and nothing more, but okay...

But you are sort of pissing me off for real with your silly assumptions and attitude, so good job.
    Last edited by Gare; 14th-June-2014 at 08:54.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post

But you are sort of pissing me off for real with your silly assumptions and attitudes, so good job.
    Sorry Gare, meant no ill will. You are far too lovely for that.

Thanks
    EP Points

But you are sort of pissing me off for real with your silly assumptions and attitude, so good job.
    We're just kidding man, I totally put your initial FPS thing as a disclaimer. When you said you were "pulling that card", I took it as a joke. The framerate is shit, I doubt anyone can deny that with a straight face. Don't take offense.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's okay, man. You have no idea how many times I've seen people actually pull out the "elitist jerk" thing with zero amount of joking, so I find it harder to tell when people use it jokingly.

Maybe I should cut down on browsing Gamefaqs so much, eh?

Thanks
    EP Points

For years I regularly visited the Next Gen Gaming (NGG) board over at GameFAQs but stopped sometime last year. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Fucking idiots.

Oh what about that Dark Souls 2 thingamajig? How awesome does the first DLC look?

Thanks
    EP Points

I already have all the DLC bought via the season pass, honestly my only fear is the length... like, they're 10 bucks each, so I'm hoping it offers more than just 2 hours of content / episode. I mean I'll still play the shit out of it but still...

But yes it looks awesome, I'm very hyped about snowy areas because the Painted World was among my favorites in DS1.

Thanks
    EP Points

I already have all the DLC bought via the season pass, honestly my only fear is the length... like, they're 10 bucks each, so I'm hoping it offers more than just 2 hours of content / episode. I mean I'll still play the shit out of it but still...

But yes it looks awesome, I'm very hyped about snowy areas because the Painted World was among my favorites in DS1.
    Have they said anything how the DLC will tie into the world/lore? I'm guessing not but I hope they don't pull a time travel card again.

Length is a worry indeed but if each one is even half as awesome as the Dark Souls DLC then I'm happy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hm, all I read is that you'll be trying to obtain the lost crowns of Vendrick or something along those lines, but I'm sure people are already posting speculations on the DS2 reddit. Lots of lore masters on there.

Thanks
    EP Points

$10 DLC is worrying, since that usually equates to an hour or two of game play. I'll buy the DLC, and I'll rebuy it when it all gets upgraded for PS4 since I'm stupid, but you can bet I'll be bitching in the mean time. The thing that makes it worse is this was supposed to be a complete game out of the gate.

However, more Dark Souls is good souls, so take my prior statement with a grain of salt.

I just wish more people treated DLC like Dragon Age Awakening - that was an awesome add on campaign, and was almost a full game in itself.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hm, all I read is that you'll be trying to obtain the lost crowns of Vendrick or something along those lines, but I'm sure people are already posting speculations on the DS2 reddit. Lots of lore masters on there.
    Oh that sounds cool. Please tell me he dropped it in the land of giants! Need moar giants!

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    $10 DLC is worrying, since that usually equates to an hour or two of game play. I'll buy the DLC, and I'll rebuy it when it all gets upgraded for PS4 since I'm stupid, but you can bet I'll be bitching in the mean time. The thing that makes it worse is this was supposed to be a complete game out of the gate.

However, more Dark Souls is good souls, so take my prior statement with a grain of salt.

I just wish more people treated DLC like Dragon Age Awakening - that was an awesome add on campaign, and was almost a full game in itself.
    I miss the days of Command & Conquer style expansion packs...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Oh that sounds cool. Please tell me he dropped it in the land of giants! Need moar giants!

I miss the days of Command & Conquer style expansion packs...
    I miss the days of expansion packs that pretty much gave you a whole new experience. C&C is duly noted, WarCraft 2 Expansion, Starcraft Expansion, Hell even fucking Wing Commander 2. DLC these days are just totally bogus. I don't even think there's any point arguing this point

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually I'm pretty sure some would still argue that point. Of course I'd disagree with them but still.

And today, we have... this. http://images.eurogamer.net/2014/usg...mp7bnqcbce.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually I'm pretty sure some would still argue that point. Of course I'd disagree with them but still.

And today, we have... this. http://images.eurogamer.net/2014/usg...mp7bnqcbce.jpg
    That is too funny. I think Jim Sterling was ripping the hell outta all the editions and variations of WD a few weeks back. I remember seeing this chart somewhere.

That whole thing is just ridiculous. I just got the bare bones standard edition, and I will never get any of the DLC for the game. Not like any of it will be worth a shit anyway.

Oh, come to think of it, maybe it will fill in all the story gaps

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I'm going to wait for about a week or two after the first one is out (They are being released monthly from what I see, could be wrong) so I can see if people are really enjoying them. If its worth it I'll probably get them and start with a fresh character. Part of me is annoyed I never took the time to try and get level 3 ranks in all the covenants

Thanks

I actually prefer these kinds of new expansions because I've never been terribly fond of buying an expansion pack that is, effectively, just a modified version of the old game. C&C and Starcraft are probably the biggest offenders, especially if you're not going to play the story mode (though for C&C it's a bit more understandable... Starcraft, much less so).