Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use cheats/codes?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Do you use cheats/codes?

I usually use cheats codes when I've beaten a game and want to see what different codes do. Although sometimes I get frustrated with a game and I just use them to get through it. I know that some people think that cheating in games is wrong,I don't really see a problem with it. What is your guys' opinion on this topic?

Thanks
    EP Points

In online games, it's wrong and you should feel ashamed for doing so. In single player games, it's your playthrough so do whatever you want.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use them in console/handheld games.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I cheat when I say screw it and just want to beat the game easier without any hassle.

Well I usually only use like slight EXP/Money Multipler to give myself a little boost but I do use some real gamebreaker stuff sometimes.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Cheats and codes nope.

I'll consult a walkthrough though for game mechanics and "how to play" I pirate everything so for something like say Skyrim it's essential. Only other times would be if I'm really stuck. Or need a location for something/direction if I leave a game and come back and forgot what I'm doing which as you all know I do way toi much

Also I'll take a peak for any item creation which I just can't be bothered to figure out on my own anymore. Maybe with revisiting a game I will too.

Yeah I know that's a lot of exceptions

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

I like to beat the game first, gta sa was one I beat before useing cheat's I like a challenge.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think you should always try and experience what the developer intended, first. But sometimes cheats can be a good thing. Case in point: Agarest: Generations of War. I was really enjoying the story, but by the end of the second campaign, the combat was torture, really really boring torture. As a TRPG it doesn't hold up, and if I want a TRPG I won't be playing this game. So I started over with all the "cheat" DLC enabled and intend to play it through more like a VN and enjoy the story without suffering through the combat.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    In online games, it's wrong and you should feel ashamed for doing so. In single player games, it's your playthrough so do whatever you want.
    I can't argue with this logic. Pretty much what I was going to say.

Personally yeah, I'll cheat when a game wants me to do it. I'm not going to grind in a jrpg where there is nothing rewarding about the combat system and have it take more time when I can modify the experience I am getting. I'm too old for that shit.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm using the mega mule save file for Dark Souls II. Its loaded with all game items and equipment. I already beat the game twice without using it. I just don't wanna replay the entire game again just to make a new character to invade people with.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, but only to a certain extent. Like in an RPG, I don't want to grind just to get the money to buy that shiny stuff. Or in a platformer, I just don't wanna die, and so forth.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for your responses. I used cheats in Chrono Trigger, and wow.(it was my third playthrough). Though i tried to use a code in Milon's Secret Castle and the game pixelated. I've used them in Super Mario just to see what they do.(mostly graphic glitches). I wish my nes emulator recorded,because it was pretty funny.

Thanks

It depends. If you want to play seriously, then don't. f you want to feel like a game god, then cheat away.

I always cheat while playing the final stages of any Mega Man game. Except Mega Man Zero 4 (Weil was too easy).

Thanks
    EP Points

I often use cheats to help me grind faster (like experience points multiplier) or being able to afford everything in shops from the get-go. The point is, I am too busy nowadays to afford wasting my time on repetitive grinding, replaying from NG+ or doing challenges for the sake of it. So i try to finish all games as fast as possible while still enjoying the storyline and atmosphere.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use them after I beat a game to add more fun to it a second time around. To mod or play as stuff I could not before.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never really needed them but I have been know to use them from time.