Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use cheats/codes?

Thanks
    EP Points

I only use them if the game is too hard. On a side note; the best place for cheat codes is GameHacking.org

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kool Aid Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

I like to use codes from time to time, sometimes because I'm stuck and I want to be lazy. My personal favorite codes to use are ones that mess the game up or that you can use to access hidden content.

Thanks
    EP Points

I only will to enhance the fun of the game after I have completed it. Unless something's ridiculously hard then I might be tempted. Glover was a perfect example, pretty hard game when you don't know whats going on but not impossible. One boss always had me at the end of the rope (frankenstein and sometimes cross-stitch) and I never knew how to beat em. So I used Low Gravity Cheat and Call Ball so HA!

If I had no choose but to use them then obviously what else can I do. In that case I'm speaking of MGS Peace Walker, on emulator it is impossible to finish the final boss and trust me friends i've trained many times. Watching it die in front of me after doing what I needed to do was still very satisfying even though I never hit it once .
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anyone know any good Super Mario World codes? I've tried a lot of different ones,but I can't get any of them to work. I have the USA version of the game, so I don't know what's wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    In online games, it's wrong and you should feel ashamed for doing so. In single player games, it's your playthrough so do whatever you want.
    meh, i cheat all the time and as far as online games are concerned, i'm not hurting anyone else if i cheat in single player flash games. that said, i tend to limit it to just single player games like that and never MMOs. most of the time if i cheat its just getting me through a game faster than i already would though i have seen the occasional genesis game thats come out in recent years that i can't cheat at. its uncommon but even with cheat engine i can't cheat at all genesis/snes era games. those wizardry compilations for snes in particular have had me stumped forever as to how to cheat in them. (most i ever got was the first 3 digits of the gold to change and occasionally the remaining stat points when creating a new character and thats all)

edit: online multiplayer (such as MMOs) = cheating is bad
    anything single player = who cares if you cheat. honestly, it affects noone but you.
    as for offline multiplayer (as rarely as this kind ever happens with me) = maybe if it means adding different challenges to the game but i'd prefer all players be in agreement as to what kind of cheats are used in this case, if any.

edit2: come to think of it, can pay-to-win in MMOs be considered a form of cheating? as it typically gives the rich an unfair advantage over players who don't dump $ into the game thus causing free players to have a good reason to start complaining about it depending on how big the advantage gap is.
    Last edited by treos; 12th-April-2014 at 23:28.

Thanks

Usually dont cheat, for me it kind of takes the fun out of a game.

About 5 years agoI did cheat in Fist of the Noth Star for NES, it was really hard or I was really terrible? And could never beat the final boss in Final Fight...so I cheated Also I usually cheat in Total War Medieval 2, I turn fog of war off.

So I cant say I never cheat!

Thanks

cheat,. sometimes use it on video games

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Aid Man View Post
    I only use them if the game is too hard. On a side note; the best place for cheat codes is GameHacking.org
    i used to use gscentral but then it died for several months ago and now it seems that ever since it went down noone can access anything except the forums which btw are here http://www.gscentral.org/codesearch.php the admins over there say they've done some updates but with the main site as it is...no, the "updates" are basically nonexistent as the only ones who seem to have access are admins and maybe mods. been that way for several months now (think the site died last year, don't remember exactly when).

so when that site died i came across gamehacking.org and lets face it, GH.org is far superior to gscentral even when it was up and running.
    Last edited by treos; 29th-April-2014 at 12:16.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    In online games, it's wrong and you should feel ashamed for doing so. In single player games, it's your playthrough so do whatever you want.
    I couldn't agree more. Cheaters in online games really are annoying, and not to mention if they talk BS after they've beaten you using the cheat.
    As for 'single player games', I use cheat when I got stuck, and feel that the game's too hard for me to handle.
    Difficult games are fun because they are put a challenge, but everyone has their own 'talent' in gaming, and some game are just too hard for some people, to the point it frustrate them.
    And I don't know if this could be considered as cheat, but I often use save state feature as well in emulator games.