Thread: What is the best emulator to use on a Windows 8 PC for PS1 and PS2 games?

Thanks

Default What is the best emulator to use on a Windows 8 PC for PS1 and PS2 games?

Hello everyone!
    I'm new to emulation.
    I know Windows 8 can mount PC version ISO games without the use of a third party emulator.
    I have tried using this feature on PS1 and PS2 games without success.
    I am hoping someone can tell me which is the best version for me to use with this system.
    Should I be looking for a 32 or 64 bit emulator?
    Also, will I need to download any BIOS? If so, that information will be greatly appreciated.
    Should I decide to play Nintendo or some other console game will I need a separate emulator and BIOS?
    Please try to explain to me in simple language, has I'm not tech savvy.
    Thank you for any help.
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 8682
Size:  30.4 KB

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i haven't tested this emulator on windows 8 so try this
    PS2 Emulator:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...100&highlight=
    PS1 emulator (it runs great for me):
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...tor&highlight=
    nintendo: soon
    ok,good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Moved to Sony Systems section..

gr8cakes, read the pinned threads in this section, there's a lot of info you'll find useful.
    For tips on how to configure your emulators, you better check gladiator's PSX datacenter:
    http://psxdatacenter.com/
    The BIOS files can be found in our BIOS section in the main Emuparadise site.

Every platform requires a different emulator and BIOS file. For any Nintendo emulators related question, please create a new thread in Nintendo area of this subforum.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For PSX emulation the Playstation DataCenter is all you need to look at [It tells you what emulator works with what game and a good recommended config for each game] (Cookie has linked that )
    For PS2 emulation the Playstation DataCenter has a good start on that also
    If you are not sure how to set any of the emulators up to start with then please ask away but specify what the issue is to start with

A 64 bit OS system can run both 32bit and 64bit programs just fine, most emulators are going to be 32bit though, 64bit should run a little better but not as much as you might think, as the other requirements do not change

In general though ePSXe and PCSX2 are the best for those systems (with enhanced graphics) [There is a newish emulator on the scene though that goes more for accuracy than fancey graphics by the name Xebra, that is closer to the real console than any other PSX emulator around]

There is no single/best configuration that will work with every game though. that is why there is a Playstation DataCenter to help you play as much as possible with help with the settings/emulators used per game

We also have patches and sbi files that further the possibilities of ePSXe and other psx emulators to be able to play the games
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-April-2014 at 09:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: