Thread: Download issue

Thanks

Default Download issue

Heya Guys,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this issue..
    I'm using Firefox, and the DownloadThemAll add-on. I have a premium membership and am logged in.
    I have DTA set to only download one file at a time.
    When I select a few, say 5 roms to download, the first 3 complete successfully, but then thats it.
    The remaining 2 fail with a 'Server Error*'. If I add new roms they also fail.
    Is there something wrong with my sub? It seems to be behaving alot like a free account.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,
    T

Thanks
    EP Points

Is your download setting on the site set to FTP ?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply MasJ.

Download pref is set to http, any server.

Thanks
    EP Points

I checked the servers and they seem to be working okay. If you're logged in as Premium you should see a purple bar on the left menu saying EP Premium.

Is DTA set to multithread each download ? Sometimes it takes up slots by multi-segmented downloading which is also what a premium membership enables (allows up to 4 threads per download).

As such, as a premium user our server allows you to have 4 connections at a time from your IP to the server.

Also, the DTA "Server Error" seems really weird. Is it possible for you to paste the links that DTA is capturing so that I can investigate further ?

Thanks

Yep, I always make sure I'm logged in, figured that out first time I was capped out.

Yes, DTA is set to multithread, I have it set to 4 threads, but only 1 active DL at a time (so they finish quicker).

Here is the what DTA sees:

From this page: http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...52270-download

I click: http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/get-d...available=true

DTA gets: http://50.7.136.26/lmXOIqppNJ9hQhfap...ES-01404%5D.7z

From the DTA Log:

09:29:14::974
    http://50.7.136.26/lmXOIqppNJ9hQhfap.../PSX-PAL/Grand Theft Auto 2 (E) (v1.1) [SLES-01404].7z: Server error or disconnection Error: (type 1)
    >Source Frame (stack) :: resource://dta/manager/connection.jsm :: DL_onStopRequest :: line: 816
    >native frame :: <unknown filename> :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 0
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 29th-March-2014 at 23:01. Reason: posts merged - no double posting, please use the EDIT button.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm stumped! I just tested the links and the server and everything worked okay. Alright, here's something that can help us figure this out. When you're downloading files and get this error in DTA. Try opening the link that's been captured by DTA in your browser. Please let me know what error (if any..) you see in your browser.

My suspicion is that the connections to your previous downloads aren't closing properly so the server is thinking that you're using up all your slots..

Thanks

Yeah me too. There is something very odd going on with DTA.
    I did as you suggested, and when I open the failed link, it works fine. I managed to have 4 downloads running in the stock FF download, and 1 running in DTA (5 simultaneous).
    Once these downloads complete I'll play around with (and reset DTA)..

EDIT: OK. I retried this, reset DTA.
    Now, after 4 active downloads I get a "Waiting" and then when it goes to start "*Temporary Error".
    When I copy and paste a link from one of the errored links I get the following;

Error - Too many downloads

As a free user, you can only have one simultaneous download (or more during happy hours). Please let your other download complete and then try again.

We do this to ensure that all our users are able to get reasonable speeds while downloading.

(I am def still logged in as Premium)
    So you maybe right MasJ, DTA is not terminating the connection on completion.
    After waiting 3-5mins (and active DTA downloads finish) the ones in Temporary Error DO start properly.

I'm at a loss to explain this behaviour in DTA. I guess I'll just have keep an eye on it...
    Not sure there is much more I can do.

Thanks for your help MasJ!
    Last edited by Testicules; 31st-March-2014 at 10:00.