Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Elmdor plays NES games without dying (CONSTANTLY UPDATED!))

  1. #1
    Elmdor Rizer's Avatar
    Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    5th and main
    Posts
    11,394
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
    EP Points
    135

    Default Elmdor plays NES games without dying (CONSTANTLY UPDATED!))

    So, basically I've started to really enjoy going for these perfect runs, in terms of not dying. I mean, what's the fun in merely beating a game, when you can do it looking like some sort of nerdy ninja asshole?

    1. Super C - NES:



    Description: Yeah, this was a pretty awesome run, if I may say so myself. I especially like the first level with its' many random enemies because employing a mix of pacifism, speed-run and general trying-to-look-stylish-dickery is so easy there.

    2. Conta - NES:



    Description: I also think Contra's a pretty cool game. WANNA SEE ME BEAT IT? My run isn't nearly as stylish as Super C, and I probably should've practised some more cool or atleast time saving strategies but I really couldn't be arsed.

    3. Rush'n Attack - NES:



    Description: So, those of you who aren't big fans of this game are most likely morons. It's so great! With all the running, and the stabbing, and the running and the stabbing and the occasional climbing!!!!! Also, I jump now and then aswell!!!!
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 25th-April-2014 at 11:37.

    Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elmdor Rizer For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sesame Street. In your cookies jar ^_^
    Posts
    36,073
    Thanks
    1,331
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 540 Posts
    EP Points
    2280

    Default

    Impressive run. You sure know your Contra

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,582
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 88 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    EP Points
    125

    Default

    I have the weirdest boner right now.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    EP Points
    60

    Default

    Pretty sure that at one point you front flipped so hard everyone around you exploded.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Corey For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,584
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
    EP Points
    50

    Default

    Where's the version where you carry crusher's ass throughout the whole game?
    That would be something to see

  8. #6
    Elmdor Rizer's Avatar
    Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    5th and main
    Posts
    11,394
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
    EP Points
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Impressive run. You sure know your Contra
    Why, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I have the weirdest boner right now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Pretty sure that at one point you front flipped so hard everyone around you exploded.
    I wish. There's actually a kill-everything-bomb in a flying crate there, that I get on the go so to speak.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Where's the version where you carry crusher's ass throughout the whole game?
    That would be something to see
    We actually talked about recording us playing at some point. I must say, though, that he did really well the last time we played. And personally, I actually died lots.

    Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    EP Points
    5

    Default

    Have you played the Contra game on the Android play store, if so is it any good?

  10. #8
    crusher's Avatar
    crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    15,697
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    EP Points
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    We actually talked about recording us playing at some point. I must say, though, that he did really well the last time we played. And personally, I actually died lots.
    Oh you! <3

    Being generally somewhat good at games is one of the few skills I have but then I don't think that had anything to do with it. I mostly just copied every move you did... And I still think you died because I'm there obstructing your awesoma powa!

    SÄG TILL NÄR VI SKA SPELA IGEN ÄLSKLING!

    Quote Originally Posted by kirov View Post
    Have you played the Contra game on the Android play store, if so is it any good?
    I have and it's so-so. It's pretty faithful to the original Contra but made super easy and with microtransactions. You won't have to spend a single cent to beat it though just because how easy it is. Music is cool but it looks butt ugly. Chinese pre-rendered shit for the lose!

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    EP Points
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I have and it's so-so. It's pretty faithful to the original Contra but made super easy and with microtransactions. You won't have to spend a single cent to beat it though just because how easy it is. Music is cool but it looks butt ugly. Chinese pre-rendered shit for the lose!
    Microtransaction? Really? Don't tell me that the charge .99 cents for an extra character skin or something.

  12. #10
    crusher's Avatar
    crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    15,697
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    EP Points
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirov View Post
    Microtransaction? Really? Don't tell me that the charge .99 cents for an extra character skin or something.
    Well the extra characters are unlocked using a in-game currency that you earn by playing the game or buying so in a sense, yes. Other than that you can buy extra lives, some completely unnecessary super weapons, invisibility and stuff like that, if I recall correctly. Nothing needed in the slightest.

    The unlockable character are kinda cool though since they all handle the weapon power-ups differently.

  13. #11
    Elmdor Rizer's Avatar
    Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    5th and main
    Posts
    11,394
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
    EP Points
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Oh you! <3

    Being generally somewhat good at games is one of the few skills I have but then I don't think that had anything to do with it. I mostly just copied every move you did... And I still think you died because I'm there obstructing your awesoma powa!

    SÄG TILL NÄR VI SKA SPELA IGEN ÄLSKLING!
    It's a very good skill, yesh. Eh, I think I got you killed atleast as many times as you got me killed, so to speak, I was just not switched on in terms of having a second player there (every enemy appears at different times from when you're alone, and the screen is pulled back a bit). Still doesn't actually explain why I died so much though.

    I HELGEN ELLER NÄSTA VECKA ELLER BÅDE OCH!?!??!?!

    Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

  14. #12
    crusher's Avatar
    crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    15,697
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    EP Points
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    It's a very good skill, yesh. Eh, I think I got you killed atleast as many times as you got me killed, so to speak, I was just not switched on in terms of having a second player there (every enemy appears at different times from when you're alone, and the screen is pulled back a bit). Still doesn't actually explain why I died so much though.

    I HELGEN ELLER NÄSTA VECKA ELLER BÅDE OCH!?!??!?!
    Probably performance anxiety and getting the characters mixed up. Happened to me a couple of times...

    JA FÖR FAN!

  15. #13
    Elmdor Rizer's Avatar
    Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    5th and main
    Posts
    11,394
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
    EP Points
    135

    Default

    Eh he, YOU PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON ME!!!

    See, I had this video of me beating Contra lying around, so I inserted it in the first post aswell.

    Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    In the Sea
    Posts
    1,411
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
    EP Points
    830

    Default

    Wow.Impressive.How long have you been playing Contra? I'm not that good at it, but I practice a lot. I guess I have something to aim for.Thanks.

  17. #15
    crusher's Avatar
    crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    15,697
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    EP Points
    35

    Default

    The Spread Gun is so ridiculously overpowered it's not even funny. Apparently during the development of Super C it was so OP that Konami had to nerf its damage output to much lower than the other guns.

    Also mighty fine work Mr. Nkfitta!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us

We are the oldest retro gaming forum on the internet. The goal of our community is the complete preservation of all retro video games. Started in 2001 as EmuParadise Forums, our community has grown over the past 18 years into one of the biggest gaming platforms on the internet.

Social