Thread: Tales of Destiny I & II

loupceuxl Guest

Default Tales of Destiny I & II

I just downloaded both Tales of Destiny I and the first disc to Tales Of Destiny II from bossman (Vampiro's Castle) and it's all in .rar format (heaps of em !). Anyways when i burned them with CDRWIN everything works fine until i try and play them with my modded PSX. It just loads up that memory card/audio CD interface.
    Both my CD-Rom drive and my CD-writer see the discs as blank CD's. I've gotten heaps of ISO's off video stores, Vampiro's Castle and PSX Tavern and they all work fine but in this case i'm totally stumped.
    The funny thing is that the end result is the exact same for both Tales of Destiny 1 AND Tales of Destiny II. So i'm just collecting heaps of coasters . . . I checked on the net and both these games aren't protected so what is it with 'NAMCO' or Tales of Destiny !!!???
    I think it has something to do with CDRWIN thinking the .bin file (the actual game) is an audio disc/track(s) or something , so maybe there are settings i can tweak which will enable me to correctly modify CDRWIN's perception of the .bin file ? Plz help if u know what the problem is.

BrinkofTime Guest

Use Fireburner to burn the .bin files..it has always worked for me...

loupceuxl Guest

Default Fireburner

Alright i'll give that a try, but are there any specific settings i should tick/untick ? I saw these options like 'disc at once' so i left them as is 4 my first try but if i should change it plz tell me ? Thx in advance. And my original question with CDRWIN still stands.

BrinkofTime Guest

do you have a mod chip installed? Your iso files could be bad, because, i've had that problem where the disc wouldn't load in my modded PSX, and then I redownloaded the files and tried again and it worked fine(just did this with Arc the Lad)

Thanks

Try to use CloneCD or BlindWrite to copy your psx games.

They are hot, aren't they??

loupceuxl Guest

Default TODII

Can't do that cuz all i have is a .bin and .cue file. Clone CD wouldn't be able to write the image unless there is some software out there which can convert a .bin file into an .img or .ccd file (can't remember which) or .nrg file or whatever the burning software being used is compatible with. Tried Fireburner it didn't work. Does Blindwrite use bin's and cue's ? CDRWIN has never failed me except 4 these two games if anyone knows y, plz tell me.

Thanks

.nrg files are not Nero only. I don't think Blindwrite will read .cue files though. Use Nero instead to see if it works.

D-Style Guest

I've already mentioned the specific settings you should enable. I intended it for Squaresoft games but if the games are protected this method should also work. You can find some kind of guide at www.emuparadise.org/help You have to lookup the Newbiefaq. At the end of the FAQ you will find a topic called ISO burning. I wrote the last piece of the ISO FAQ about the protection of some games. Try it and if it still doesn't work (or if it does ) be sure to tell us. Maybe I or somebody else can give you another sollution.

Succes m8

chrono8921 Guest

The Tales of Destiny 1 ISO is corrupted. I can't play it in any emulator at all... even VGS but I don't know about 2...

Thanks

Are you sure, Chrono?? Did you try to run the game in PSX??

Maybe the problem is that all emulators are not compatiable with the game. Doesn't mean the iso is bad...

loupceuxl Guest

Default TodI & II

Yeah, i think you're right Chrono cuz i'd tried running it on ePSXe and it didn't work. One of them (can't remember which of the two) was able to load up the Namco logo whereas the other, not even that. You seem to of gotten your info thru a reliable source so i'll accept it but if anyone hears different and has solid proof, plz post it. Thx y'all.
    I can't use Nero cuz I installed the Daemon-Tools Stealth DVD thing once, [one of the biggest mistakes i ever made], and i think that it has impaired the Nero software, keeping it from detecting my burner's drivers.
    Oh, and D-Style WHERE did u mention these specific setting and also for WHAT burning software ?

D-Style Guest

IIf you click on the link in the last post I made it will lead you to the emuparadise help page. At the bottom of the page you will find the NewbieFAQ. Click on that and you will find a FAQ about lots of topics. Somewhere at the bottom there�s a topic I wrote and it�s dedicated to ISO burning and Security settings. It�s also somewhere on the bottom.

As for the programs I�ve mentioned: I listed the common extensions like *.ISO and then which program you should use. I forgot to mention the *.BIN extension but most of the programs can burn BIN files. Below that listing you�ll find the necassry settings for the protection.

If you still can�t find tell me and I will look on my hd drive cause I think I had a copy of the guide in an notepad file.