Thread: Gameboy Player Start up Disc

Thanks

Default Gameboy Player Start up Disc

I came across a Gameboy Player for the GC and I need a start up disc for it. Is there a way to make a copy of one?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The GameBoy Player can't be emulated as far as I know it is an addon for the GameCube

Just use VBA to emulate GBA games full screen

I presume you are talking about a real GameCube though in that case you have posted in the wrong section, but I will move it for you this time if that is the case, for now i will wait for your reply

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I guess I'm in the wrong section. I have a real Gamecube and gameboy player and was hoping someone know how to copy or make a functional start up disc for one.

Thanks
    EP Points

there is a copy of what you need on the main site http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...-Up_Disc/66583. From here you just need to burn it to a disc not sure if you need a modded gamecube to use it though, Zorlon would know more about that then me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcin329 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mini disk, normal disc? Any specific software need for my computer or is the standard software fine? I've never tried anything like this before.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Your Cube needs some way to play a pirated game. There are a variety of ways, which you should look into before bothering burning anything. Don't burn off full sized DVDs unless you're actually going to do some sort of case mod, the normal Gamecube case can't fit full sized discs. I think Zorlon wrote some stuff down, he knows far more than I would:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-system-guides
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Nintendo used to sell replacement discs, sadly they no longer supply them. You can check eBay, Amazon etc for an original disc. I think you'll need a version that matches your Gamecube region, PAL or NTSC.

Modding the Cube is supposed to allow any region start-up disc to be used. If you decide to mod your Gamecube, you can burn a copy of the start-up disc. It can be on a mini DVD or full sized DVD if you have a case mod, or you can remove the lid, but you'll need to stick the lid sensor down.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved and Ragnor got it spot on as the link has a few methods that you can use

The Max Drive Pro is by far the easiest way for a software mod, the Max Drive Pro is all that is needed
    The Action Replay next, but you need to use the next exploit to set that up
    Then there is the Phantasy Star Online + BBA hardware + Official GC memcard + Crossover cable, this can be used to either to stream a disc via the BBA or run another exploit to play burned DVD+R's or DVD-R's, if the top is not a full size modded one then you must use Mini DVD-R/+R's that are commonly used with older video camera's

Other options are via mod chips

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmm. Definitely sounds more difficult/expensive than just buying a disc off of ebay. Thanks anyway.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    Hmm. Definitely sounds more difficult/expensive than just buying a disc off of ebay. Thanks anyway.

The price of the disc has risen sharply since Nintendo dropped support. You might pick up a full unit with the disc for what some people are asking for the disc alone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, but I have the unit already. Just need the disc.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    Yeah, but I have the unit already. Just need the disc.
    Good luck finding a reasonably priced one.

Thanks

I'll hit the thrift store where I found the sytem on Mon. Maybe they will have found more gaming stuff.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personally I don't think the gamecube is worth modding now not when the Wii is so easy to mod to play GameCube backups (If the version of the Wii has GC ports and to play from DVD+R be one of the first few released) & Wii (again needs to be an older version to play from disc) and emulate tons of other systems including GBA

You can still play everything from the newer Wii's with GC ports also but you do need a USB HDD to do so that would obviously cost

Games from DVD+R/-R read apx half the speed of retail discs that can be noticable in games that will lag for FMV when ran from duplicated discs

From USB HDD (not to be confused with a USB stick that still has issues)

Wii games tend to run better from HDD and gets read faster than retail disc so faster load times ect
    GC games also run better from HDD but the method lacks some sound support (only for a small number of games about 10 I think it was)
    WiiWare just runs as it should, but faster read times again than real Nand (A virtual nand is created) plus the added bonus of escaping from the limited space the internal Nand has
    VCWare... same as WiiWare

Emulated games run as well as the emulators provide

Other methods can use the SD card but again will be slower than retail discs and slower than internal Nand for WiiWare, WiiWare on SD is officially supported but it sucks to be honest and is too slow for a lot of WiiWare and VC games

Overall it is more hassle free to use a USB drive, plus there are some cool things you can do as an added bonus

My fav console that is modded is possibly the original XBOX but I did install a new large sized HDD, but that plays a lot of emulators as well as Xbox games (I can't stand the xbox controller though so I use a PS2/PSX to Xbox converter for my controller, I have 2 of those)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2014 at 08:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

If you change your mind about modding your Gamecube, you can find a copy of the boot disc in the Gamecube uploads section.

EUR/PAL
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...t-Disc-EUR-PAL

NTSC-J
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ot-Disc-NTSC-J

NTSC-U
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ot-Disc-NTSC-U