Page 20 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chip n Dale-Out: connecting...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Yeah, I was looking online and they're expensive enough for what they are. Are Vauxhall reliable, I've seen a lot of Corsas around here, I want a car that never breaks and gives no problem which is why I want a Japanese car. I'm insured on my parents 05 Toyota Corolla Verso until the end of May which is nice.
    There's a lot of bad ones out there, owned by young/new drivers who are careless/chavs.

There's also ones who've been owned by old people who've used it to go to the shops and back once or twice a week. It's like buying any other car, you have to shop around and buy a good car. Not the first one you come across.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, second hand buying seems like something anyone who doesn't know what to look out for could easily get scammed on, I would nearly just go to a car dealer if I had the money for a car.

Do you have your full license?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, second hand buying seems like something anyone who doesn't know what to look out for could easily get scammed on, I would nearly just go to a car dealer if I had the money for a car.

Do you have your full license?
    Yes, have had for 2 years in August.
    I think it'll be about August when I've got the money for a car + 1 year insurance, so by then I'll be 23 too, so it may be a little cheaper. But looking at £850ish.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I turn 25 and get a full license the insurance will drop significantly because at that age you're less likely to drive like an idiot.

Apparently 2 years of driving is when you're most likely to have a crash, after 7 years of driving is when you are likely to crash as anybody else who has been driving for say 20 years.

Thanks
    EP Points

Those statistics are stupid.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I turn 25 and get a full license the insurance will drop significantly because at that age you're less likely to drive like an idiot.

Apparently 2 years of driving is when you're most likely to have a crash, after 7 years of driving is when you are likely to crash as anybody else who has been driving for say 20 years.
    I never crashed my car and I've been driving for 5 ish years now.I never drove like an idiot though because that's stupid. The Insurance thing is ridiculous though, you shouldn't be assumed a bad driver because you have less than 7 years. I know people who have been driving for 20 years that I'm afraid to get in a car with.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm only going to do this once

http://m.dictionary.com/definition/favorite

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I'm only going to do this once

http://dictionary.com/definition/favorite

What's your faverate definition of 'favourite'?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Those statistics are stupid.
    They make sense when you think about how much people over-estimate their own ability at things.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I never crashed my car and I've been driving for 5 ish years now.I never drove like an idiot though because that's stupid. The Insurance thing is ridiculous though, you shouldn't be assumed a bad driver because you have less than 7 years. I know people who have been driving for 20 years that I'm afraid to get in a car with.
    This isn't used by insurance companies, they look at age, gender, distance from city, what the car is used for other factors to determine premiums.

The 7 year stat was something I read online.
    Last edited by Tassadar; 15th-March-2014 at 18:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

They make sense when you think about how much people over-estimate their own ability at things.
    I suppose. I'd class myself as not confident behind the wheel, and I'm well aware a license doesn't mean you can drive, that's when you first start learning.

Thanks
    EP Points

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zaladane again.
    I gotta go with Zal's on this - "Flaverate"

Thanks
    EP Points

This isn't used by insurance companies, they look at age, gender, distance from city, what the car is used for other factors to determine premiums.

The 7 stat was something I read online.
    Insurance companies in Tx (I can't sya for other places) charge you more until you're 25 years old. Like right now I'm 22 and never had an accident and I still need help from my parents to pay my insurance.

I suppose. I'd class myself as not confident behind the wheel, and I'm well aware a license doesn't mean you can drive, that's when you first start learning.
    You get a license before learning to drive over there? I thought you guys had to take a bunch of classes.

Where I'm from you aren't even allowed to drive with a teacher without like 3 months of formal training in a classroom.
    (Unless you're 21, then you can just walk in and take the driving test, though you'll probably fail.)

You don't get a driver's license until you have proven you know how to drive at least somewhat capably.

Thanks
    EP Points

Figured I'd go with the American spelling of it.

Also fixed the link.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Insurance companies in Tx (I can't sya for other places) charge you more until you're 25 years old. Like right now I'm 22 and never had an accident and I still need help from my parents to pay my insurance.
    I actually think that based on how many people under 25 act it's reasonable of Insurance companies to charge more, I don't like it but I can understand why it's done.