Thread: Some games not working with CFG Loader

Thanks

Default Some games not working with CFG Loader

So I recently added four more games to my hard drive. None of them work, when all previous games have. The games are the One Piece game on this forum, Pandora's Tower (torrent), Zack and Wiki (torrent), and Trauma Center: Second Opinion from this forum. Pandora's Tower and One Piece crash my Wii when I select their box art in CFG Loader. Zack and Wiki and Trauma Center give me IOS Reload: Blocked in CFG Loader. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    EP Points

I've only installed my CFG Loader and have never had to change any settings, so I'm no expert or anything but I'll see what I can do. The IOS Reload thing is something that some games do. Apparently they will reload the IOS while they are running or booting up and this can cause issues with certain games that require that function. I'm not sure if there is a setting to change that but the CFG Loader can be installed with a newer configuration that bypasses that Reload issue, allowing those problematic games to work. I don't know how you have yours installed but here is a link to how you can install it which should hopefully solve your problems... "gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader" It mentions a new version of d2x that bypasses the Reload issue.

As for the games crashing your system, it's possible they're corrupt files. Pandora's Tower you say is a torrent and so you never fully know with those. I can't speak for One Piece but I would maybe suggest re-downloading it and trying it again. The Loader, for me at least, hasn't given any issues so I assume there's a problem with the files you downloaded.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Best way to do anything on the Wii is to ensure you install all the mods correctly to start with and update everything that needs updating (I am not talking about the firmware)

ModMii is the easiest way to update your mod and do a fresh install if needs be, that includes d2x's last stable release (version 8 I think it was) and everything else except for GC loading modding that can be done separately easy enough, but if you are using a USB stick then you wii want to manually get the latest (version 10 I think, make sure you get the Wii version not the WiiU version) that although is not a stable release does fix issues for USB stick users

As for USB loaders, I use USBLoaderGX have done for years but each to there own, anyway make sure you have the newest version preferably with all the features, sometimes you need to be using a SVN version to get some of the features

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I downloaded a second copy of Pandora's Tower but haven't tried it yet. I used ModMii to mod my Wii, so I already have the latest stuff as far as I know. I will try to download Trauma Center again, every other game from this site has worked (except for One Piece, but that was uploaded by a different poster).

Edit: My second copy of Pandora's Tower freezes when I select the box art. I am about to try Trauma Center: New Blood from this site.
    Last edited by NamikazeBurst; 9th-March-2014 at 07:37.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ModMii is always worth running a second time I have a few times are my exploits got out of date

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. taken from http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Gam...Table/P#Navbar

That is not to say you much use USB Loader GX, it's not for everyone, personally I think it's great, but the loader itself should not make much difference but overall as long as you use the latest build that may be a svn version, at least if you want to use all the features everything should work fine.

If you are using a USB stick though then upgrade d2x to v10 that fixes general issues with USB sticks ModMii only installs dx2-v8 that is fine for USB HDD users

P.S. what format is the drive in and what format are the disc images in on the USB device, also what USB device are you using?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2014 at 08:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So I just tried Trauma Center. It went to a black screen after selecting the box art, with a bunch of stuff about my USB and mounting and stuff.

I am using a USB HDD, partitioned in fat-32 32kb clusters. Every game I have tried has worked until I added Zack & Wiki, Trauma Center, Pandora's Tower, and One Piece (All of these didn't work). When I added these, I also installed some WADs to my system, so I don't know if that caused any problems. I uninstalled most of the WADs, but I still got the black screen on Trauma Center with the words.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have Trauma Center myself it works just fine, not sure if I have the others, not used my Wii in a little while now, but if I don't I don't mind quickly testing those aswell.

Game Wads tend not to effect drivers so much, unless you have been manually installing IOS's not to be confused with ISO's Wads should not have much if any effect to the system, but I don't install to the systems nand myself all wads are installed to a Virtual Nand, saves using any Nand space that can be used for save data as the internal Nand is not that big

I will do a retest first but if I can recover it from my drive I will upload that for you, if that does not work then I would run through ModMiii again and hope it fixes it, you can also try using USB Loader GX, not as a replacement but just as a temp second option

I install in WBFS format though the drive is also Fat32 with 32bit clusters for GC compat

Out of curiosity what version is your Wii currently I'm still on 4.1E
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2014 at 08:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

The only reason I brought the WADs up was because I ended up installing too many and I went over my max storage space. When I uninstalled them, my space returned, but I don't know if it affected anything.

I will try USB Loader GX. I tried Trauma Center a couple more times, but it still goes to a black screen, but the words were different. On my last attempt, it made a buzzing noise.

My Wii is on version 4.3U. I am wondering if it is being messed up when I unrar it or when I added it to my hard drive using WiiBackupManager. The games I added before the four I said earlier work fine, at least the ones I have got around to playing.

If I have to, I will run through ModMii again, but I don't feel like doing it right now. I still have many games that work, games on other systems, and I get a PS$ tomorrow, so I have a lot to play.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

One Piece - Unlimited Adventure game boots just fine to game Press (A) screen and demo mode
    Trauma Center - New Blood game to intro.. I didn't want to play it
    Zack and Wiki works fine to in-game fine, uses defaults throughout, I played it a bit because I was not given much choice the Home key was disabled for ages
    I did not have the other game though

My defaults are:...
    Remember my console Region is PAL though not NTSC most PAL users can display PAL and NTSC fine NTSC users may have problems displaying PAL though especially PAL 50Hz
    These are also setting for USB Loader GX so may differ slighty for CFG Loader

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    EDIT:-

Pandora's Tower is currently downloading...

Guess what also just works , good guess (I am running it in 640x480 mode via VGA so should run ok on NTSC machines, you may need to use PAL 60 if NTSC does not work, but the rest of the games I tested are all NTSC versions)

Quote Originally Posted by NamikazeBurst View Post
    I am wondering if it is being messed up when I unrar it or when I added it to my hard drive using WiiBackupManager. The games I added before the four I said earlier work fine, at least the ones I have got around to playing.
    I can't see that being an issue to be honest it is more like to be the settings used by default that is the issue, see my list above and see if you can pick anything that is different on your system, everything before Nand should be looked at anything after is for other things.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2014 at 12:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I downloaded USB Loader GX. When I select the game title, it went to a black screen and said stuff about dumping, and then reload in 20 seconds. In 20 seconds, the screen went away but it didn't reload. And just to be clear, when I say it went to black screen when I selected the game title, I mean before it gives me the option to start the game.

I am going to download Wii Backup Manager again and see if that fixes it. I tried a different game and it worked on USB Loader GX. It just seems like any new game I add to my hard drive doesn't work.

Edit: I downloaded Wii Backup Manager again. My settings in USB Loader GX are the same as yours. I tried to select Zack & Wiki, but it gave me the same black stack dump screen Trauma Center gave. The games I added before I added before One Piece, Trauma Center, Zack & Wiki, and Pandora's Tower still work. Every game I seem to add now doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by NamikazeBurst; 9th-March-2014 at 19:39.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your not running out of space or anything??

I could upload the WBFS file directly to make sure it's not just a transfer issue, i.e. just copy using windows, so you can skip the use of Wii Backup Manager.

P.S. I actually run Wii Backup Manager directly from my Wii HDD (while hooked to my PC obviously) I use a rather larger 2 TB drive though with 3 Partitions on it 1 for a mix off GC and Wii, 1 that is full of Wii games and a small one for homebrew

There is a limit to how many Wii games you can have per partition though, think it was around the 500 mark though, that is one of the reasons I have a few partitions, I am sure that is just for retail Wii games though so Wads GC Homebrew and other software types are not counted in that

:/ A reformat might be in order, but before that do a scan on the drive with windows, right click on the drive, hit Properties and click on the tools tab, use the Error-Checking & Defragmentation tools
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-March-2014 at 19:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Nope, tons of space. Just one partition with 2 TB. The Zack & Wiki I am using actually came as a WBFS file. I only have about 14 Wii games on my hard drive. No errors on the hard drive and no fragmentation.

Why would I need to format it though? All my games I added before the 4 I said earlier work, so the hard drive seems to be working fine. I searched for other people with the issue and there were a couple, but not a lot. Most of it was just an outdated loader, but I tried updating my loader again and it still doesn't work.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NamikazeBurst View Post
    Nope, tons of space. Just one partition with 2 TB. The Zack & Wiki I am using actually came as a WBFS file. I only have about 14 Wii games on my hard drive. No errors on the hard drive and no fragmentation.

Why would I need to format it though? All my games I added before the 4 I said earlier work, so the hard drive seems to be working fine. I searched for other people with the issue and there were a couple, but not a lot. Most of it was just an outdated loader, but I tried updating my loader again and it still doesn't work.
    Because everything else has been suggested

What did you use to format the drive with?

I used EaseUS Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition (It's a free program), I would also partition the beast into two partitions at least so you can overall get more on the drive, replacing 4 games should take no time to be honest

Though EaseUS Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition can shrink the full partition and split it so you can keep what you have and format a second partition, that might be a safer option then you can try copy from one partition to the other one for the existing 4 games and try and copy the other games to that new partition also and test again (make sure the partition is configured in the loader to be seen)

P.S. I take it you did change the IOS Block settings though to auto or even off for the games that cause you issues, auto is the best option to use as a default, no idea where that is in the CFG Loader
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-March-2014 at 05:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I used EaseUS Partition Master 9.3.0. So the games that I have that do work I am able to keep on the hard drive if I shrink my current partition? I cannot changed the IOS Block settings because to get to the settings for a game I have to select the game, and that is when it freezes.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You do that for the default settings not the per game settings

Try that before going with shrinking the drive just in case, though not had any problems with that myself, but you never know.

If you can't find those in CFG I will find them on GX for you you then just use that until you figure out CFG

So far I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it would freeze before it even has been told to launch the game, it should do that especially for GX

Depending on the skin layout but eventually they all take you to a screen with Options and Start in the GX loader, it sometimes again depending on the skin after hitting start seem to sit there for a little while but it will load the game, this is usually just the first time you launch or after settings have been changed after that it should take you directly to the game if you have the settings setup ok

Defaults in GX are located at the Cog icon on the main screen, I think it is under Load Game or Load that the defaults for launching Wii software can be set
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-March-2014 at 08:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]