Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psp Iso Issues

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Psp Iso Issues

Hi guys I've got a psp street 1003 I've downloaded some iso's which have worked great unfortunately other iso's I've downloaded haven't worked so well especially gta vice city stories I've tried the USA and Europe versions multiple times I've used 7 zip and winrar. I've played about with the recovery settings clocking the game to 333. I've tried various different gta vice city iso's to no avail.

Basically I get stuck on the screen before the loading screen on some versions before my psp switches off or on other versions after the first cutscene where it goes to loading it freezes and powers down. Any help at all please? I'm running pro cfw c3 thanks in advance!

Thanks
    EP Points

Which ISO Modes did you use? Try using Inferno if you haven't.

and revert back to default clockspeed when using the above mode.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried that it didn't work I've used all of them the m33 driver to the sony one to the inferno mode. I don't know what else to do now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can you try downloading another copy from the links below?
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...tories-USA-CFW
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...tories-ENG-CFW

Also, try using PRO-C2 version, and disable any plugins before running the game.
    http://code.google.com/p/procfw/downloads/list
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've installed pro c2 I've downloaded and tried the english version of vice city stories it says error in umd drive. I've tried various other games which haven't worked from this site I don't quite understand what is the matter.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What exact path is the *.iso or *.cso files stored in?

Make sure CPU Clock is set to default for both XMB and GAME

I can't get it to fail with that error

It could also be a rubbish memory stick pro duo that you are using causing issues that I can't simulate myself

What memory stick pro duo are you using??

If it is a memstick pro duo issue you can try with *.iso files instead of *.cso, cso is just a compressed version of iso, so you can just convert cso back to iso format and try again

cso to iso the very quick and easy way

1. extract ciso_xp_v1 to any folder
    2. run ciso_xp_v1
    3. change mode from ISO>CSO to CSO>ISO
    4. drag and drop the cso file/s onto the CISO-XP window

I have never seen the "error in umd drive" message though, normally errors are just a series of numbers

Lastly it could be hardware problems but if that is the case there is very little than can be done there except replace parts or the whole console, replacing the console would be the best choice as it is unknown what is causing the "error in umd drive" message as it should work even if the UMD drive is empty and not in use

P.S, that game sucks on the PSP due to controls the PS2 port was much better, the game is no different on the PS2 just the controls

You can also try putting the iso into the ISO/VIDEO folder, opening the XMB menu select change the VIDEO ISO to the game and hit X on it, the PSP will soft reset and act as if the game is a real UMD disc, this is not the best way to run UMD disc images though.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-March-2014 at 09:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

In the psp it's stored in the iso folder I've already got tomb raider burnout mgs peace walker and gta lcs on it working fine now its just other games I'm getting off the site that don't seem to work.

The cpu for both is on default.

It could be I'm not to sure though as the above games are working off it. Its a pro psp adaptor with a 32g sandisk in that.

I've tried that with umdgen it didn't work for gta or god of war

Lol I have played it on the ps2 I just wanted it for the psp I bought it second hand from cash converters after playing mgs peace walker I'm going to sell it on.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Folder OK
    CPU OK

pro psp adaptor I'm not so sure about? I use a pro duo to 2x Micro SD myself with 2x32GB Samsung Class (10) Micro SD's that works fine with everything thrown at it

God of War used to have speed issues (it lagged) on my 2GB Mem stick Pro duo by sandisk but was solved as soon as I changed it from cso to iso, the reason that fixed it was just because the speed of the memstick

GTA's I have never had a problem with

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi sorry for the late reply I'm using a memory stick pro duo micro sd adaptor with a 32gb micro sd tf card class 10. I've tried other games some work most don't. I have an unusual problem where I have one game that works then when I add another game to the memory stick that one becomes corrupt data and vice versa?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you format the microSD via the PC or the PSP?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I've done it via the psp I've done it before by my pc. Could it be the memory card adaptor? Also I read elsewhere that you should have a umd in the psp for some games to work is this still relevant with the pro c2 6.60?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No that's not true at all in fact that stopped being true a very very long time back

even 5.50 allowed you to play any game without having a UMD inserted though I don't know when that happened exactly but it was a very long time back now.

There is a high chance it is the adapter yes, and always format via the PSP itself.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay thats good to hear! What adaptor would you recommend and how do I tell the difference between fake and real ones?

Thanks
    EP Points

I think all of then is fake cause the guys who manufacture it stopped to make new ones. But you can always try to find this one:

This is the original ( the slot's entrances are a little round )

and this is the fake that I have

It depends on your luck cause my first one was giving me problems so try to get from a seller that will send you another one in case of problems.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Bruno! How do I tell the difference between the other adapters as I already have a 32 sandisk card I don't want to get a adapter that takes two cards?