Thread: Lagging Problems (running PCSX2)

Thanks

Default Lagging Problems (running PCSX2)

I'm having problems setting up the PCSX2 version 1.0.0. emulator and as a result having problems with lagging during gameplay with my iso's. Could anyone help me set up the correct plugin/ settings to resolve this issue? I'm new to this so I need as much step-by-step help as possible.

Game lags Screenshots
    http://i.imgur.com/Vk6Iyod.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/aaNmfCx.jpg

Here is my emulation settings
    http://i.imgur.com/BhYk83I.jpg

My plugins
    http://imgur.com/2aBFwiZ

And GS Plugins
    http://imgur.com/MSugdTc

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Physical RAM = 8143 MB
    CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
    CPU speed = 3.509 ghz (8 logical threads)
    x86PType = Standard OEM
    x86Flags = bfebfbff 7f9ae3bf
    x86EFlags = 28100000
    I also have GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card

I hope this is enough information, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can you try the latest official version 1.2.1? See if there any changes (use default settings).

Nothing wrong with your specs, and Psychonauts shouldn't be that demanding either. Try changing the Speedhacks setting a bit, through Preset slider, between 1 until 3.

Also, disable Shadow Boost on GSdx settings as well.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Can you try the latest official version 1.2.1? See if there any changes (use default settings).

Nothing wrong with your specs, and Psychonauts shouldn't be that demanding either. Try changing the Speedhacks setting a bit, through Preset slider, between 1 until 3.

Also, disable Shadow Boost on GSdx settings as well.

I tried what you suggested and I'm still getting lagging issues. The only game that doesn't lag is Kingdom Hearts 2.

Thanks
    EP Points

That is odd, it doesn't appear like your specs are bad. There could be issues with these particular games.

You have a PC similar to mine, and I don't get any lag in most games, but I overclocked my CPU though. And I have a considerably better GPU. But even at stock clocks, an I7 3770k should be fine for 99% of games on PCSX2.

One of the reasons this is odd is because the EE (emotion engine)% is only 63% , yet your FPS is still sub 60. If your specs were off, I believe the EE % would be 100% and your FPS would be below 60. At least that is what it did for me on my laptop. If I turn the FPS limit off, the EE % stays pegged at 100%, and the FPS jumps to higher than 60. So the EE % is based on the power of your CPU I believe.

GS is your GPU, and in one of the SCs I see the GS% jumping up to 96%? That could very well be a bottleneck right there, but it looks like you're running in Native resolution? A 550ti isn't a great GPU for PC gaming, but it should be good enough for PCSX2.

Click the box at the bottom where it says "preset" and move the slider over to 2 and see if that improves speeds any for you. If that does nothing, then there has to be some sort of compatibility issues with those games you've tried.

And disable the "shade boost" - and see if that lowers your GS % in certain spots. Because GS 96% is a bottleneck if you're sub 60fps.

Also, try the Direct 3D9 hardware mode in GS settings, it should be less demanding.

Are you running any other programs in the background while you're running the emulator?
    Last edited by gamerdude211; 5th-March-2014 at 23:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Couple of things to try. Since your GPU is Nvidia try the opengl (hardware) in Plugin Settings and see if you get a boost. Plus there's always software mode as well and if you try that set extra rendering threads to 3 - PCSX2 won't recognize more than that IIRC. You can play with speed hacks but to be honest with your specs you shouldn't need them as the higher you put them destabilizes the games and can produce some weird effects.

Another thing too which some overlook is to lower any audio settings as well which can affect the speed too.