Thread: Incredibly stuck on getting the PS Navigation Controller to work properly on Windows.

Thanks

Default Incredibly stuck on getting the PS Navigation Controller to work properly on Windows.

[SOLVED] The solution is to use this awesome driver. Plug in the controller and optionally a Bluetooth dongle before starting. Install the 360 drivers from Microsoft too. I think your Bluetooth device will becomes a dedicated receiver though.

The painful journey of trying other drivers is archived below.

-----------

I got one of these the other day and I like it. I plugged it in, loaded the MotionJoy 71001 driver and it worked perfectly straight away.

Then, after trying out a Bluetooth connection (which didn't work anyway), the analogue was no longer recognised and the layout of the Game Controller panel in Control Panel was different. It now had X, Y, Z axes instead of just the Z as it did at first and the D-pad did directional control.

Now no matter what I do the controller is recognised as a digital-only controller and there's no option to switch it. I've even re-installed Windows 7 (x64) because I was going to do that this weekend anyway.

I haven't found any evidence of this problem online at all. It seems strange given how easily it worked to begin with, and given I even re-installed Windows. It suggests a change to the controller itself, but that seems unlikely.

Can anyone help me with this?

-----------

I finally figured out the details after starting over on Windows 8.

After you install the damn thing, you have to select DX-PS3 but then you have to go into the blue options link and save changes. Kinda dumb that the save button is in a separate optional dialogue, but at least the internet has an answer now. Unfortunately this doesn't survive a restart, and you have to save the profile again each time you want to use it.

Better DS3 is an alternative config tool, but it doesn't seem to be able to get the analogue to work on the Navigation controller at all, let alone map it. So there are no good solutions at this time: A dodgy tool that half works, or a nice tool that doesn't work. NB: GlovePIE and MayFlash don't cover the Navigation Controller.

I did use Procmon to see if I could protect a config file from being altered, but it doesn't seem so. With nothing actually written to disc I'm not surprised that the settings get forgotten on shutdown.
    Last edited by tau01; 2nd-March-2014 at 19:20. Reason: posts merged