Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo is removing wifi from ds and wii

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Nintendo is removing wifi from ds and wii

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-killing-o...-ds-1532216462

all i have to say is...... defintly wont buy ds games then lol. At least we can access the nintendo store for now, and i dont think netflix would be effected but cant say for sure. But pokemon is going down (that includes the new black2/white2 to diamond/pearl) and that is a blow. Mario kart is on the list as well as dragon quest games. Basicly, online support for games is going down however the browser sold on the oringinal ds will still work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Great. Just great.
    No Brawl for me then.
    It affects only the online gaming, right?
    I wonder will the LetterBomb still work after May,20...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Net Spectre View Post
    Great. Just great.
    No Brawl for me then.
    It affects only the online gaming, right?
    I wonder will the LetterBomb still work after May,20...
    Theoretically, this should work anyway, due to the exploit being downloaded from a different server. It does look like that only the Nintendo Servers will be shut down, so I'm assuming Homebrew Browser will work as well. However, I'm not sure if the System Update or the whole official IOS patching will work. Let's see in May!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Hrm, I have some Wii's laying around that I need to softmod. I guess I should get on that sooner rather than later then
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Theoretically, this should work anyway, due to the exploit being downloaded from a different server. It does look like that only the Nintendo Servers will be shut down, so I'm assuming Homebrew Browser will work as well. However, I'm not sure if the System Update or the whole official IOS patching will work. Let's see in May!
    I'm worried anyway. Will softmod my Wii as soon as I'll get the AC adapter.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OK, This is some pretty gay ass news, I like to use my DS online on a regular basis, this is Nintendo, This is Nintendo going Full Retard.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

And now the Xbox One doesn't seem so bad lol as if. Here's to wonderful network with Nintendo. To the future!
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    And now the Xbox One doesn't seem so bad lol as if. Here's to wonderful network with Nintendo. To the future!

#2 Thats if/when? A new nintendo system comes out and they kill the online for 3DS and WiiU as well since they are pulling the same shit now.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heh, I'm still on 4.2 and only updated the IOSes. I've done my softmod since the Twilight Princess patch. I'm afraid that by updating to 4.3, I might brick the Wii.
    \

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

I looked it up and I guess it's just for online play and leader boards..but it's still asinine.

Thanks

Definitely won't buy DS games? You're acting like the DS was mostly filled with games that had online support.

I haven't tried any Wifi functions for Wii/DS games (aside from playing Brawl online, yuck) so I suppose it doesn't affect me as much as other people. I mostly play Single-Player games. To those that are pissed, my condolences.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not really mad as long as it doesn't affect netflix,I usually play single player games too.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    as well as dragon quest games.
    Anybody planning on playing DQ9 should probably start up a game and grab the DLC quests while they can. They're sorta post-game content, but they're free, and you might get annoyed if you know what you're missing after beating the game. IIRC you need to plug several hours into the game to get Sellma into Questers Rest to obtain them. Kinda a shame to cut the online bonuses, it was cool getting all the other random stuff every week. I don't think I even saw all the weekly guests
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Anybody planning on playing DQ9 should probably start up a game and grab the DLC quests while they can. They're sorta post-game content, but they're free, and you might get annoyed if you know what you're missing after beating the game. IIRC you need to plug several hours into the game to get Sellma into Questers Rest to obtain them. Kinda a shame to cut the online bonuses, it was cool getting all the other random stuff every week. I don't think I even saw all the weekly guests
    That is probably one of the titles people would be most pissed about, well that and Pokemon..............mostly pokemon...........not me of course

I'm mainly Pissed about DQ9 and the YGO Games, those were fun to play online.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    That is probably one of the titles people would be most pissed about, well that and Pokemon..............mostly pokemon...........not me of course

I'm mainly Pissed about DQ9 and the YGO Games, those were fun to play online.
    I've only played Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters online really, so it doesn't affect me much on the DS end. Just the Wii with updating the system files and what-not. But it sucks for anyone who plays Pokemon as well as DQes and games using online content.

Steam|Youtube