Thread: Dolphin 4.0 + Resident Evil Remake Issue

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Dolphin 4.0 + Resident Evil Remake Issue

So I have searched for different settings. I have even messed around with some random settings.

Is there anyway to get perfect sound in this game?
    Using Dolphin 4.0 Official release.

I tried DSP LLE and with xaudio2 I get the stutter on in game cutscenes. Same with Dsound. I do not get the stutter with OpenAL But if I do not add a latency the sound crackles all over the place, and I would rather play without audio lag lol.
    Video emulation is almost perfect, I still experience slowdowns sometimes but its pretty rare.

Anything I can do here? Or should I go with the Wii version of the game?(if I do this, is the Wiimote required? I would prefer my 360 controller.)

System Specs:
    i7-3610QM 2.3ghz
    8gb ram
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M
    Onboard NVIDIA HD soundcard(could this be my issue?)
    WIndows 7 Home Premium x64

Thanks
    EP Points

Those are common issues, it happen on previous build as well, and there are no other ways to get perfect sound either.

You can try 3.0 version + LLE audio which supposed to provide better sound for RE games, but yeah, not completely. Try that if you want, otherwise you'll just have to deal with it.

Perhaps you might want to try the Wii version instead (not sure if Wiimote required though), see if the same problem persist.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Those are common issues, it happen on previous build as well, and there are no other ways to get perfect sound either.

You can try 3.0 version + LLE audio which supposed to provide better sound for RE games, but yeah, not completely. Try that if you want, otherwise you'll just have to deal with it.

Perhaps you might want to try the Wii version instead (not sure if Wiimote required though), see if the same problem persist.
    As I am acquainted with the Wii version of RE 4 it is possible to play using the Gamecube Control. This may not be a solution but it is a start.
    Link

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post

Well that stinks... lol I'll give the Wii version a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    As I am acquainted with the Wii version of RE 4 it is possible to play using the Gamecube Control. This may not be a solution but it is a start.
    Link
    Thanks. Hoping it is also the case for the REmake.

EDIT: Success! lol The Wii version fixed all sound issues using LLE+XAudio2. Had to switch the graphics from Direct3D9 to OpenGL as, in D3D9 character models were pixelated. And when I lowered AA, I have no slowdowns. So runs perfect
    Last edited by revan299s; 25th-February-2014 at 17:38.