Thread: Good emulators for Chrome OS?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Good emulators for Chrome OS?

Hi there,

I'd like to know if anyone is aware of any "Good" emulators for Chrome OS. Just a few notes:
    1) I am able to enable and run xubuntu in developer mode. It's no that I can't use Linux but I'd prefer something native to Chrome OS and therefore I don't currently run xubuntu in developer mode.
    2) The emulator should provide the standard save states and crap and offer the ability of where to save files (in this case my external hard drive) (chromebook only has 16GB SSD)
    3) The emulator would need to be in a playable status

Do any of you know of a good emulator meeting those criteria? I prefer emulators for Nintendo consoles. Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nathaniel Suchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

SNES9X has a Chrome Store App, from my understanding it's unofficial but should work: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d.../reviews?hl=en
    Googulator supports original Gameboy and GBC to my knowledge **But NO GBA support**: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbihhhda?hl=en

I'd say keep looking around, there's always Android App support on Chrome OS (exclusive for now to certain laptops from my understanding), or web-based emulation (Emuparadise has solid support and so does NESBox, but it requires your own ROMs) but most I know of have no/limited SaveState support.

Linux-compatible Emulators might work, give those a try before you start looking further.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh! I used to have a computer than ran on Chrome OS! I remember I used to have a GBA emulator on it, and it was pretty easy to find. Just look up "Emulator" in the Chrome Store and it'll be in there. Though, I remember it had "VBA" in its name, but it wasn't VisualBoy Advance, so you could also look up "VBA" instead to narrow down the results.