Thread: honest question (Gateway 3DS)

Thanks

Default honest question (Gateway 3DS)

I have been a member of this site since before my membership was lost twice due to the server moves or w/e (I cant remember lawl). But I know I ran across a thread titled this and the person was banned, but I just want to know if Gateway 3ds is real or not. The reason I am asking is I have yet to open my pokemon x or my fire emblem (kinda dont want to) but I definately want to play them. If you guys know anything please let me know. (and i would prefer to keep my account this time so please let me know and delete the thread if this is a really taboo subject.)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by oricktakashi View Post
    I have been a member of this site since before my membership was lost twice due to the server moves or w/e (I cant remember lawl). But I know I ran across a thread titled this and the person was banned, but I just want to know if Gateway 3ds is real or not. The reason I am asking is I have yet to open my pokemon x or my fire emblem (kinda dont want to) but I definately want to play them. If you guys know anything please let me know. (and i would prefer to keep my account this time so please let me know and delete the thread if this is a really taboo subject.)

Thanks in advance!
    We don't ban anyone for reasons like that
    Gateway 3DS is real, I don't know what FW is required in order to use it cos I don't really keep track of the 3DS scene, so I'll rename and move this thread to Everything Console.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I don't know what FW is required in order to use it cos I don't really keep track of the 3DS scene,
    I believe it's still stuck on 4.5. Which is quite old firmware (my 3DS is nearly a year old and has 5.1). Its been rumored for a while now that an update has been coming. But releasing it is a catch 22 for the Gateway guys, as once it's released Nintendo will block it with new firmware again. So the longer they hold off on releasing it, the bigger the possible userbase that can buy their product will be.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn. Gotta hate those catch 22's lol. Guess that person was just a spammer then. Well thanks for the info, my 3ds xl is also at 7.1 and my dstwo card works wonders still, guess ill have to keep an eye on them then. I'll wait another month then open my games.
    Last edited by oricktakashi; 24th-February-2014 at 15:05.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For now Gateway seems like a dead end project

The features for the kit are also not complete yet either

The up coming release of the update for it to work on newer firmware has been hanging there for a very long time now, maybe even hit that year mark I have not checked that to be honest

The latest Firmware for the 3DS is 7.1.0-15, during all these updates Nintendo have managed to block a lot of Flash Kits permanently so not even a flash kit update could fix it.

since 4.5.0 Nintendo has blocked many cards

as of version 5.0.0 only 4 flash kits still work, they are all DS mode only flash kits and have all been blocked but unblocked by the dev teams for those

Supercard DSTWO
    ACE3DS PLUS
    R4i Gold 3DS revisions 9,A & C (There is more than 1 version of Revision C only one works)
    R4iDSN 3DS revisions 9,A & C (There is more than 1 version of Revision C only one works)

To give you an idea of the updates this is a list of them from 7.1.0-15 down to version 5.0.0-11

3DS/2DS version 7.1.0-15
    3DS/2DS version 7.1.0-14
    3DS/2DS version 7.0.0-13
    3DS version 6.3.0-11/12
    3DS version 6.2.0-11/12
    3DS version 6.1.0-11/12
    3DS version 6.0.0-12 was optional, adds feature
    3DS version 6.0.0-11
    3DS version 5.1.0-11
    3DS version 5.0.0-11

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR