Thread: Einhander Gallery Problem

Thanks

Exclamation Einhander Gallery Problem

memcards.rar Memcards for game

There is an extensive graphics problem with Einhander in ePSXe. Im rather certain I have a good iso of the gam, because tis is the only problem I have with it. Opening the gallery function in the game results in a black screen that acts like a gallery, but moves very slowly. I do not know how fast the gallery is supposed to work because I have never looked at the gallery on a physical Playstation. The game continues to function if you manage to leave the gallery, but much somewhat important text becomes blank after entering and leaving the gallery, and when playing a new game. The weapons symbols and names no longer show up in the main game, inner-menus in the title screen no longer show up, the game over screen only has a down counting 9-0, and the death screen no longer displays how many lives you have left. Though the game is completely playable, the gallery would be a nice perk. I have tried many combinations of resolutions and options in tandem with every game hack, and nothing has worked. I worry that this problem is the result of unconventional programming in the gallery that systemically harms the video plugin's abilities.

P: Intel i7 vPro
    G: integrated Intel 4000
    Plugin: Peops soft driver 1.18

Settings:
    320x200-1600x1200 at 50&60hz
    Fullscreen and windowed mode
    32 and 16 bit color
    fps limit at 200 and 60
    SSSFPS fix tried on some combos
    tried disabling limitation
    tried frame skipping
    Didnt mess with screen stretching (windowed didnt work so why try)
    Didnt mess with dithering
    Didnt mess with Vsync

Even though its an all black screen, the fps display gives some info. The size of the fps display text shrinks when opening the gallery, like the resolution of the game massively increased. FPS also freezes when game isnt given any input while in gallery mode, which is very odd. Even when at rest on the title screen, FPS varies from 58-62. Only giving what I believe to be picture scrolling input, O and X to scroll, does the FPS then change again, and there is no immediate response, like the emulator is attempting to process the request to scroll images. Images do eventually scroll, however, as the sound for scrolling plays and a quick glimpse of the image can be seen before the screen goes to black, perhaps even a single frame.
    All I can make of this is that the game uses some kind on non-native resolution compression for the images stored in the iso in order to display them in the game, and the Peops driver or ePSXe does not know how to handle it. The lag in input response also suggests brute forced image displaying through the emulator. Its possible that the text and symbols the game normally display on weapons are being rendered, but done outside the screen because it believes that the resolution of the display is still massive.

Please Help.
    Last edited by theunavailablehero; 18th-February-2014 at 21:19. Reason: Adding Memcards

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

give me your memcards with this unlocked and I will look when I have time to do so

just zip them up and upload them and pass the link on to me

EDIT.....

I could not get this working in ePSXe or PSXfin but this worked fine for the gallery in Xebra

Xebra is a lesser known but it is also the most accurate PSX emulator to date that is more about accuracy than just getting you playing the games, though depending on how well it runs for you, you may want to stick to ePSXe for playing but use Xebra to view the Gallery as it works in it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Which version of ePSXe? 1.8.0? 1.9.0?

And it seems like a known issue, which happen on the older version as well with Soft plugin.

Also, the game should be working on OGL2 plugins, but might want to try it on other emulators instead like Zorlon has suggested, since you can't use OGL2 based plugin due to hardware limitation.
    vc3 released.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1.8.0 still has the issue as does 1.9.0 with software

I can't test OpenGL2 myself lol, but at a guess the Gallery is not going to work with that either

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the workaround, Zorlon. Now I can at least enjoy the game at different times.