Thread: Strange White Lines On Backgrounds/Characters every Cartridge [NES]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Strange White Lines On Backgrounds/Characters every Cartridge [NES]

Img00008.jpg Sorry I couldn't get a better photo TV was CRT and camera was a crappy mp3/vid thing what I want to know is whats causing it, how do I fix it DK looks weird with lines goin' in 'em.
    This is one of the better games Its real terrible in DK Country:[
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, since we're talking about an older cartridge based system. I would make sure to clean all the games before playing. With cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol, preferably 99%. If you have some compressed air you could blow out the cartridge slot as well.

Or if you really want to be thorough you could take it apart(which would require a security bit) and scrub the cart slot with some alcohol and a toothbrush. If you do this just make sure to let it dry out completely. Before turning on and trying a game. Although TBH giving the game's edge connectors a good cleaning should do the trick.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well aside from taking it apart I cleaned the cartridge slot and video port still there I think its internal since it went through my brother first I was waiting for it to break. thanks for your help it lessened the lines but their still there.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.