Thread: Suggestion: Change/Add to Recommended ECM tool for Mac Users

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Suggestion: Change/Add to Recommended ECM tool for Mac Users

On the pages for PSX games, the recommended ECM tools for Mac users are command line only, which can be off-putting to some users. I would like to recommend a change or addition to this section.

I found an app on the Mac App store simply titled ECM (you can find it here) that works great. It's a very simple and easy to use drag-and-drop interface that can be used to ECM or unECM files. I have successfully used both the ISO and BIN settings to "unECM" a file.

Hope this helps (it certainly helped me)!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to n3wh4x0r For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

This is a great suggestion! I've already added the link to the PSX ISO pages. Thanks for pointing this out, didn't know such a program existed for Mac

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

No problem! Glad I could help!

EDIT: When I got this app from the app store, it was free. Looking at the page now, it says $0.99. While I would still HIGHLY recommend this app just for how easy it makes this process, I know some people may not want to pay for an app. Maybe the command line tools can be added back in as a free alternative if someone really doesn't want to buy the app?
    Last edited by n3wh4x0r; 16th-February-2014 at 06:31.