Thread: Question about Atari ST game naming convention

Thanks

Default Question about Atari ST game naming convention

Hello, I understand what [cr group] means but what do things like [!], [t],and [a,1,2 etc] or [b,b1,b2 etc] mean?

Also, any idea why I would need the cracked version?

I am running the games on a real Atari 1040 St, not an emulator, by the way.

Sorry if these are very simple questions or if there is an FAQ on this. I am very new to this.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have the good set I presume, there are better sets though than the "good sets"

Anyway

[!] is ment to be good dump
    [b] is bad dump
    [t] is trained
    [a] is alt dump

ST and Amiga games had some copy protection from direct so you could not simply copy a floppy or indirect as in a password type system that the answered would be found in the manual for the game or some sort of code, think Monkey Island 2 and the silly code wheel you go t with it, before playing you had to answer the 2 codes or the game would not start

P.s. sorry I missed your post otherwise I would of answered right away, it's not a hard one to answer or anything.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2014 at 21:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR