Thread: Files for Ps2 not downloading properly

Thanks

Default Files for Ps2 not downloading properly

I don't know if this goes here or not, but I am having trouble downloading ISOs for PS2. When I click to download them, no estimated time remaining comes up, it downloads too quickly and when I go to extract the file it will say "cannot open file as archive" in the 7-zip window. I think the files are not completely downloading and yet saying they are finished in the window. Is there something wrong? I have tried downloading like 3 games and all of them ended up this way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Post a link to the games you've tried to download and always use a download manager to get your games, like this:
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Moved to the Comments/Broken Links area.

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
    I don't know if this goes here or not, but I am having trouble downloading ISOs for PS2. When I click to download them, no estimated time remaining comes up, it downloads too quickly and when I go to extract the file it will say "cannot open file as archive" in the 7-zip window. I think the files are not completely downloading and yet saying they are finished in the window. Is there something wrong? I have tried downloading like 3 games and all of them ended up this way.

Hi, this is my first post here, please excuse my bad english, i have a similar problem with my downloads, the time counter freeze, for example, it says 35 minutes, but it stay that way 15 minutes, then suddenly says download complete, but is only half downloaded, and that is with every psx2 download i try from 5 weeks ago, please i want to know how fix that.

Thanks
    EP Points

I switched from Chrome to Firefox, and it fixed the problem that I had once.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John02 View Post
    I switched from Chrome to Firefox, and it fixed the problem that I had once.

Well... I always use Firefox, so i don't think that's the problem, and like i point above, is only when try Ps2 roms. I try others platforms only for be sure, and can download any other rom.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Update...
    I use Flashget to download Tenchu Fatal Shadows, it was downloaded after 2 interruptions...
    Last edited by Kunzary; 2nd-March-2014 at 07:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know what the problem is then. I just checked, and I was able to download it completely.

Thanks
    EP Points

Like Cookie said use a file manager guys.

Some of these ISO's are big and if there's any interruption (which can happen a lot if you're using a WiFi signal) chances are the download will fail whether you use Chrome or Firefox or an old pair of shoes. Remember too that you can change download settings right there on the page between HTTP and FTP as well as the server. May have more luck - personally after I switched to FTP it ran better for me and I use a download manager as well that way you can resume. Resume capabilities with the aforementioned browsers are complete garbage.