Page 24 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Hangout: The Gritty Xmas Reboot Version

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Avatar_Ye_Olde_Style.JPGlok character.jpgHere's a couple of more shitty things, the latter of which I drew sixteen years ago.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Awhile back. Maybe a year or two ago, and mostly because I felt pressured into it. I've got a whole bunch of shit sitting on my HDD, none of it of proper proportion, but all of it i representative of my...style, I guess.

I know, I know. The whole "style" thing is an argument most often used by shitty "arists", but I kinda feel like individuality is just as important as anything else when it comes to art.

Maybe because I'm a shitty "artist" I suppose.
    Why were you feeling pressured if you don't mind me asking? Were you trying to do a comic or some concept art for something?

Definitely, being yourself is in the forefront of all artistic endeavors IMO. Though being an artist, it 's also what you've been brought up with that also has a big influence. I was raised on a healthy dose of silver age comics, anime, Johnen Vasquez, death/black/thrash metal album covers, HP Lovecraft, D&D, etc. So it's definitely came through in my artwork. I still get inspiration nowadays, but it seems few and far between unfortunately.

Also, Beel, that's some pretty fucking fantastic art, man.
    Thanks man. I have another that I haven't inked yet that's inspired by the movie Mama. I'll have to see about taking a pic. Such a creepy movie, I love it.
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 13th-February-2014 at 05:57.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    How you were you being pressured if you don;t mind me asking? Were you trying to do a comic or some concept art for something?

Definitely, being yourself is in the forefront of all artistic endeavors IMO. Though being an artist, it 's also what you've been brought up with that also has a big influence. I was raised on a healthy dose of silver age comics, anime, Johnen Vasquez, death/black/thrash metal album covers, HP Lovecraft, D&D, etc. So it's definitely came through in my artwork. I still get inspiration nowadays, but it seems few and far between unfortunately.

Thanks man. I have another that I haven't inked yet that's inspired by the movie Mama. I'll have to see about taking a pic. Such a creepy movie, I love it.
    Pressured, in the sense that while I always drew for fun, I had folks asking me to draw shit just to see it, y'know what I mean?

Like...art was always something I did as a means of creative expression. I may not have been great at it, but I never really worried about it because it was fun, and because everything I drew was reflective of me and what I was into at the time. My friends and family, as well-meaning as they were, sort of expected me to draw on the drop of a dime. Like, they thought I always had that shit on-call, but I always ever just drew when the mood hit me and didn't really care much about what came of that.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 13th-February-2014 at 06:06.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Those are cool Cyber, I really like them! Especially what I assume is a pic of Homer. He looks so surreal there. Kinda reminds of me of the John K. Simpsons couch gag that aired not that long ago.

Plus that one you said you drew 16 years is pretty cool. I could never get that comic book look down. No matter how hard I tried. I mainly had problems with hand/foot proportions. I like him though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pressured, in the sense that while I always drew for fun, I had folks asking me to draw shit just to see it, y'know what I mean?

Like...art was always something I did as a means of creative expression. I may not have been great at it, but I never really worried about it because it was fun, and because everything I drew was reflective of me and what I was into at the time. My friends and family, as well-meaning as they were, sort of expected me to draw on the drop of a dime. Like, they thought I always had that shit on-call, but I always ever just drew when the mood hit me and didn't really care much about what came of that.
    Ahh okay, I see. I totally understand man. Luckily for me, with my mom also being an artist. My family was cool in that respect. She understood that drawing isn't something you can't just "do" at the drop of a hat. Some of my friends on the other hand...I always got requests for tattoo designs or whatever. Which I would feel kind of obligated to do. I did do a couple requests and they were fairly fun. It's just most of them I would end up blowing off because I just didn't have the motivation. Really, I just want to draw what I want to draw and do it at my own pace. Even if it's a snails pace.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm starting to read my first Japanese book. I feel like if I can slowly progress through this book I will see my progress learning the language play out. I can do a pretty good job so far despite looking up a good amount of words. I've also had to relearn some earlier grammar I've learned but that's perfectly fine I guess. I can usually comprehend most sentences without having to look up too much grammar though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rasgrez View Post

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

I have bum bubbles

Thanks
    EP Points

Subscription post~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

5 AM post.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Post.

Thanks
    EP Points

ya.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Gotta put my PC together. And my PS2 hopefully. If I have time maybe I'll play some code veronica too.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって