Thread: info on video cables

Thanks

Default info on video cables

Hi there,

I recently bought this beauty, and I want to try out it's video/audio in/out features. I just want to connect it to my TV and VCR, doesn't have to be at the same time, but I want to be able to connect to both. I want to be able to play games on my TV, and record what I'm doing on tape.

Now the problem is I have no idea of what cables to buy. If anyone could tell me what exactly I should buy, I would be grateful.

Alright here's a desciption of what the plugs look like:

On the back of my videocard there's a circle-shaped plug with 9 pins. 2 on the top, 4 in the middle, and 3 at the bottom. Now I got a little cable for my videocard that I can plug in that, that divides it in 4 other cables. 2 audio cables that look alike, and 2 video cables that look alike. I included a picture of these, but my camera is crap, so in case you can't make it out, here's what they look like. The audio is easy, just a yellow plug with 1 female pin. (or however you call it). The video has 2 small pins on each side, and has one larger pin at the bottom. (See picture)

Oh, and I don't know if it matters but the TV and VCR are at least 2 years old.

Thanks

*bump*

Anyone?

tilt Guest

All this should be in the manual, I don't have this card but it should be like this.

The black one should be a S-video cable. The yellow would be female RCA connector for video out. You should have a red and white female RCA connector just like it for sound channels right and left.

If your VCR has s-video in then that would be the way to go (better video quality). S-video only carries video signal so you will still need a RCA patch cable.

If the VCR doesn't have s-video in go with a 3 RCA cable that will have yellow, red and white connectors combined into one cable.

Don't get it?

Go here they have pictures and a big selection, http://www.svideo.com/ Prices aren't very good but it should help you find what you need.

Thanks

The picture on the website of my videocard gives you a picture of a cable I didn't get... It shows a yellow, white, red and black cable coming out of it, well I got a yellow, black, yellow, black one... Weird huh? I only bought it cause of a good review on the internet, and because it was relatively cheap.

But the manual didn't explain anything actually, it was like the manual was made for something else... But then again what should I expect from a company that misspels "Microsoft" and "Monitor" twice just on the back of the box ...

But thanks for the info and the link, at least now I have an idea of what I should get.

tilt Guest

Taking a closer look...

It looks like there are 2/S-video and 2/RCA connectors. This would mean that you have 1 set (S-video + RCA) for in and another set for out. The specs for the card says "TV-Out, Video-In Both S-Video and Composite" plus "Audio Out, Audio In". That makes at least 5 connectors to me ? I'm confussed

Hope you got/get it all figured out.

Send AOpen a email if nothing else, they should know.