Thread: How do I get MAME collection 0.151 to work properly? Please help me! (Newbie)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How do I get MAME collection 0.151 to work properly? Please help me! (Newbie)

Hello! I downloaded the 42,8 GB MAME 0.151 collection, what Mame64 emulator should be used so to play all games in it? Im running Win7 64 bit. I tried with Mame64 emulator 0.152 Windows 64 bit but it only shows 15 games (Package info says 28,742 games) and some where listed as Not working.

What would be the greatest MAME emulator to use to play these games? I would like an user friendly one so I dont have to insert commands.

Is there some sort of "Ultimate" MAME emulator that plays all ?

PS I dont know why I have such problems with MAME as I have no problems whatsoever with any other system emulation.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MameUI is all you need but mame is now onto 0.152

And I know from updating myself that a lot of games have been revised so older roms have become invalid

P.S. Mame does not just use roms but also uses CHD files & samples

Samples I uploaded a while back, CHD's are harder to find though, due to there large size, it is mostly newer games that use those and at least 70% of the games that use CHD's do not work anyway

The roms and chd's come to a grand total of 355 GB

Give me a moment, while I find MAMEui 0.151 for you

http://www.progettosnaps.net/UI_Muse..._05-11-2013.7z MAMEui64 version 0.151

http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui.html page with all the downloads 64 bit versions or near the end of the page

MAMEui's official homepage is http://www.mameui.info/ but they only store the latest 64 bit version, being 0.152 at the moment
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2014 at 17:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    MameUI is all you need but mame is now onto 0.152

And I know from updating myself that a lot of games have been revised so older roms have become invalid

P.S. Mame does not just use roms but also uses CHD files & samples

Samples I uploaded a while back, CHD's are harder to find though, due to there large size, it is mostly newer games that use those and at least 70% of the games that use CHD's do not work anyway

The roms and chd's come to a grand total of 355 GB

Give me a moment, while I find MAMEui 0.151 for you

http://www.progettosnaps.net/UI_Muse..._05-11-2013.7z MAMEui64 version 0.151

http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui.html page with all the downloads 64 bit versions or near the end of the page

MAMEui's official homepage is http://www.mameui.info/ but they only store the latest 64 bit version, being 0.152 at the moment
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello!
    Thank you for the link to Mame64 emulator: Mameui64 0.51, its works very well! Kinda annoying that I dont get the hang on Mame emulator 0.152 bet its something easy I missed.

Some other questions:
    What is CHD short for and where do I get working ones for Mame64 0.151 ?
    Also have some trouble with Nintendo 64 emulation after I d/l the complete 5 GB approx Rom RAR set:
    Nintendo 64 Emulator: Project64 says that: "File loaded does not appear to be a valid Nintendo64 Rom. Verify your ROMs with GoodN64" I checked out this error and it says that they must be in winzip format and not winrar format, installed winzip but it didnt do anything, do you have some sort of fix for what Im doing wrong?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wingcommander4 View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello!
    Thank you for the link to Mame64 emulator: Mameui64 0.51, its works very well! Kinda annoying that I dont get the hang on Mame emulator 0.152 bet its something easy I missed.

Some other questions:
    What is CHD short for and where do I get working ones for Mame64 0.151 ?
    Also have some trouble with Nintendo 64 emulation after I d/l the complete 5 GB approx Rom RAR set:
    Nintendo 64 Emulator: Project64 says that: "File loaded does not appear to be a valid Nintendo64 Rom. Verify your ROMs with GoodN64" I checked out this error and it says that they must be in winzip format and not winrar format, installed winzip but it didnt do anything, do you have some sort of fix for what Im doing wrong?
    Yeah it's easy just update your rom set to 0.152 including the chd set, like I said before they updated the roms, that not only adds new roms but also changes some of the old roms so older sets will no longer work thus need to be updated

CHD's are compressed HDD disc drive images or CD/GD/DVD disc images

For your N64 woes just extract the rar files, you can re-compress the roms in zip format after if you wish to keep them compressed, 1 rom per zip file, you can uninstall winzip, it is not needed by anything, 7-zip however may come in handy it handles extracting most format with ease and handles them better than winrar does, but winrar is great for other things like selecting a bunch of extracted roms re-compressing them into zip or rar format, and storing each file in it's own archive, a feature that is sorely missed by 7-zip.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello again!

I got the N64 emulation worries fixed with (Updated) Project64 v2.1.0.1, didnt have to do much: import and it was done!
    PS I dont know how things have progressed but DOOM running full speed on an Amiga 500, surely this video must be fake (or ?!):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbXeMu_B0jE

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

that's a general gaming subject

talk about it there, but I can't see it working on an A500, but I think that is probably more the youtube user not know much about Amiga's rather than just fake

http://aminet.net/package/game/shoot/ADoom-1.3 is Doom for Amiga but you require a higher end Amiga than the A500

It could be a new port though easy enough that does work on an A500, DooM is hardly a modern game or anything, it even has a SNES port, but without the actual port engine files there is no way of knowing so chances are that is fake
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-February-2014 at 11:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Cool How do you upgrade a rom set (or sets) to 0.151 and/or 0.152

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Yeah it's easy just update your rom set to 0.152 including the chd set, like I said before they updated the roms, that not only adds new roms but also changes some of the old roms so older sets will no longer work thus need to be updated.
    How do you upgrade a rom set (or sets) to 0.151 and/or 0.152?

I'm trying to get MAME working on my Windows 7 6-bit machine and its apparent that there's a mismatch between MAME and the ROM I'm trying to play.

I had a version of MAME working years ago on aged Windows XP. Unfortunately that version of MAME is not compliant with Windows 7.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jammy

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello again!

I have trouble getting the emulation settings for the WIIMOTE and NUNCHUK controls properly emulated in Dolphin 4.0, especially emulating the NUNCHUK part is troublesome. I would like it to be emulated with an Xbox 360 controller and/or mouse if its possible. Can you help? I bet your file would be just fine for me unless you actually have a real WIIMOTE and NUNCHUK!

Some Wii games require that Nunchuk is properly set to function. I tried to ask in the official forums about this but nobody replied.

PS This should be added to every PS2 file that if the game crashes, it helps a lot (In 90% of the games) if you switch from Xaudio to Directsound in Audio settings.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by andyj34 View Post
    How do you upgrade a rom set (or sets) to 0.151 and/or 0.152?

I'm trying to get MAME working on my Windows 7 6-bit machine and its apparent that there's a mismatch between MAME and the ROM I'm trying to play.

I had a version of MAME working years ago on aged Windows XP. Unfortunately that version of MAME is not compliant with Windows 7.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jammy
    download the update set I uploaded that myself ages ago

then use clrmamepro scan your roms using the latest dat file, that you can either download or create from the MAME exe file through clrmamepro using the rebuild option from the update packs folder to your roms folder

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wingcommander4 View Post
    Hello again!

I have trouble getting the emulation settings for the WIIMOTE and NUNCHUK controls properly emulated in Dolphin 4.0, especially emulating the NUNCHUK part is troublesome. I would like it to be emulated with an Xbox 360 controller and/or mouse if its possible. Can you help? I bet your file would be just fine for me unless you actually have a real WIIMOTE and NUNCHUK!

Some Wii games require that Nunchuk is properly set to function. I tried to ask in the official forums about this but nobody replied.

PS This should be added to every PS2 file that if the game crashes, it helps a lot (In 90% of the games) if you switch from Xaudio to Directsound in Audio settings.
    I don't emulate either and that is not even related to this subject, so just wait for a replay from another member in your other thread

I own both a Wii and a PS2 I even have a PSone and GameCube around also

Personally I do not know everything I do try to answer everyone but some things I can't help with

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok! Thats cool. Lets hope someone answers soon. Sorry if I bothered you.

Thanks

Ok now Jennifer gets all confused.... Zorlon, you say "old roms get outdated" How can this be? is it not a dump from a original board? could the recipe not be burned back on a chip and reintroduced to a OEM platform?... My only guess would be the update to Mame versions are sup par, not to recognize the real thing when it sees it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Better dumping methods ect, so often redumps have more data or more accurate data, also not all chips are dumps that later dumps may fix

Mame often start off with bad/partial dumps and or un dumped chips, fixed later on, this is usually stated or is notes in the MAME History dat if you grab that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-April-2014 at 08:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]