Thread: Question about controllers in ePSXe

Thanks

Default Question about controllers in ePSXe

Is there any way to get my XBOX 360 controller to work with ePSXe? Like configurate player 1 controller to use the keys on the controller? As I don't have another controller for PC, but I have my XBOX controller plugged into my PC via USB, so it should work.

Just asking if it's possible, as I didn't seem to get it work just by pressing the buttons on the configuration screen.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only if it's a wired 360 controller, a wireless controller only charges via USB

If you have a PS2 or PSX controller you can buy very very cheap converters to USB the cheapest ones are called PS2 to PS3 converters (they just convert to USB and work with PC and the PS3)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can buy a USB receiver for wireless XBOX 360 controller. I hear that they are very poor quality, losing connections frequently and even having long-term problems. I don't think the source is very reliable for tech knowledge, but since I have no personal experience with these receivers, I went ahead and bought a wired controller. I'm very happy with it. Just make sure it is MS brand, or one without extra buttons so that the MS drivers for 360 controller will work.

The wireless receivers are $10-$15 from what I have seen. Cheaper than a wired controller.

But yes. Once you have the proper controller and the driver you can find on Microsoft.com(I searched for 360 controller windows driver on Google), you will be able to simply press the controller buttons in you ePSXe configuration.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

One issue with 360 pads is the lower back trigger can not be used at the same time, you can only use one or the other

You don't even require drivers for the 360 pad unless you want the rumble feature that personally I use a generic rumble driver that works with 360 pads and all my PSX/PS2 to USB converters

Last time I looked Microsoft only had drivers for the wireless controllers not the wired ones, windows Vista up over auto detects a Wired 360 Pad, I'm betting it would for XP as well it is just a HID device, the only thing you would not get with windows auto detect drivers is rumble

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    One issue with 360 pads is the lower back trigger can not be used at the same time, you can only use one or the other

You don't even require drivers for the 360 pad unless you want the rumble feature that personally I use a generic rumble driver that works with 360 pads and all my PSX/PS2 to USB converters

Last time I looked Microsoft only had drivers for the wireless controllers not the wired ones, windows Vista up over auto detects a Wired 360 Pad, I'm betting it would for XP as well it is just a HID device, the only thing you would not get with windows auto detect drivers is rumble
    windows xp does pick up controllers as well, it actually picked up my ps3 controller before i installed anything, though i had to install the sixaxis driver.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    windows xp does pick up controllers as well, it actually picked up my ps3 controller before i installed anything, though i had to install the sixaxis driver.
    Your talking about a different controller, well done for not reading the thread at all... epic fail...

But yes I know about the PS3 controllers also though even though you quoted my post about the 360 pad
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-February-2014 at 00:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

but how we can enable autofire in epsxe 1.7.0

Thanks
    EP Points

personally I use a generic rumble driver that works with 360 pads and all my PSX/PS2 to USB converters
    a bit off-topic, but can you link me to this driver zorlon?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ePSXe does not have auto fire as a feature, so you either need to use a Pad with actual auto fire or have some drivers for whatever controller or keyboard that can emulate that, like some sort of Macro command attached to a key or button

http://www.epforums.org/attachment.p...9&d=1364648661 <- rumble driver works with 360 pads and PS2/PSX to usb converters, not tested with much else though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've seen this happen, and read about it a bit. It seems that the Right and Left Triggers act as an axis to suit driving simulators, so that when you are pressing one trigger, pressing the other trigger subtracts "pressure" from the first.

This is very simple to fix as I already had Xpadder. I set the Triggers as L and K and now they work just fine.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post: