Thread: Trouble with ISO in MAC OSX

Thanks

Default Trouble with ISO in MAC OSX

Hi, I have a MAC OSX V. 10.8.5. Thus I downloaded this emulator from here: PCSXR. I wanted to play the FF VII in german, so I also downloaded the game from here. But I can't simply find de ISO. I uncompressed it, first without doing nothing special, and then with the Ez7z (as I have seen in another post...). But the problem is the same. The extension of the ROM appears as ".bin.ecm". The name of the whole file: "Final Fantasy VII (G) (Disc 1) [SCES-00869].bin.ecm". Since there's no ISO the PCSXR simply don't open the file. When I try to open it manually, simply nothing happens...Can someone help me please?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You need to unecm.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...03#post1187003

Ignore the stuff that isn't relevant to your issue (just look at the stuff about ecm).
    I don't think ecm tools is Mac compatible though

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalhlzN2ol0 the links on there include a mac ecm tool and a link to our roms section.

Problems left are the silly ape files

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27103/all2mp3

Most the cue sheets ect expect bin files but convert all the ape files to win with the above then simply rename all the wav file to bin

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR