Thread: Problem with bad quaility in some screens ePSXe 1.9.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Problem with bad quaility in some screens ePSXe 1.9.0

Please help me with bad quality in some screens in some games on ePSXe 1.9.0 ps1 emulator
    I found this problem sometimes on resident evil 2 and on loading screen on gran turismo and bio freaks
    I using gpuBladesoft 1.42 because with this I have original psx graphics and with this plugin working that games like duke nukem: total meltdown which don´t working on any other graphics plugins

There is my settings of gpu plugin -
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. And there is a screens from gran turismo and bio freaks -
    http://tpspic.me/i/7SCKq.png
    http://tpspic.me/i/CnRSA.png

Please help me
    My Consoles:
    PS1 Chipped
    PS2 Chipped w/Matrix Infinity 1.99
    PS3 CFW Rogero 4.55
    PSP CFW 6.60 Pro-B 10
    Xbox Softmodded
    Xbox 360 RGH
    WII Softmodded

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by seznam88 View Post
    I using gpuBladesoft 1.42 because with this I have original psx graphics
    That is why they look like that, not that I can see anything wrong with the pics you posted, is there something missing from them? the slight feathering is there to start with as far as I know, not so sure about the gran turismo one though that does look like it should be a bit smoother

Hint. use P.E.Op'S Soft Driver for most your games if you are wanting original PSX graphics

It is best to switch plugins depending the game and your needs though if needs be.

If you want and easy way to setup settings per game then use ePSXeCutor also by Pete
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-January-2014 at 18:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

this is gran turismo on peops soft driver 1.17 and I trying it on pete´s opengl 2 plugin and with both plugins is same as on gpubladesoft
    http://tpspic.me/i/cJYjK.png

and there is a bio freaks from peops soft driver
    http://tpspic.me/i/zWD2.png

but sometimes on gpubladesoft and peops soft driver is looking normal
    http://tpspic.me/i/MjF71.png
    My Consoles:
    PS1 Chipped
    PS2 Chipped w/Matrix Infinity 1.99
    PS3 CFW Rogero 4.55
    PSP CFW 6.60 Pro-B 10
    Xbox Softmodded
    Xbox 360 RGH
    WII Softmodded

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok now I see the issue with bio, though for it just to be on a load screen that's not a real problem.

the Gran Turismo may actually look like that aswell if displayed on a HDTV and if you hooked the PSone to HD connections (you can't do that ) you can try extracting the images from the game and see for yourself

There is a much more accurate emulator of the PSX around not sure how well you can run it though and it is not the most user friendly in the world

The Emu is called XEBRA, doesn't have many features but is the most accurate emulator available of the original Playstation

P.S. I still use my chipped consoles, who needs emulation then, I use emulation more for testing and hacking that playing my games

The only thing emulation is good for if your machine can handle it, is using ePSXe to improve the visuals otherwise you might as well use real hardware that should not have any issues, unless you are trying to play something that has copy protection that you chip can not bypass

EDIT: no image scanning software finds any psx image format files in that game :/ (there is one scanner I can't find though, that I used to rely on most for this sorta thing)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-January-2014 at 15:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: