Thread: [DC][Echelon Release] Skies of Arcadia question?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [DC][Echelon Release] Skies of Arcadia question?

I downloaded a copy of Skies of Arcadia some time ago I can't remember if I got it here or some other random place. But when I load the game up it shows a trainer and the name Echelon, it seems it all works just fine but I'm curios has anyone had this version of the game and also has anyone played this version all the way through from disk 1 to the end of disk 2?

Another thing does anyone know if you get to save at the disk change?
    And also I'd hate to put a lot of time playing this and then I hit something that halts my gameplay.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I could upload Redump GDi images if you want, Scene releases from Echelon are garbage (if you are a perfect image collector)
    if you are playing it on a real dreamcast i think a scene downsampled image is the only way to go since you cant burn a GDi dump since it wont fit (I believe the stereo was removed and FMVs downsampled so it could fit on a 700 MB CD) .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Skies of Arcadia by Echelon is on 2 discs to start with as is the original GD-Rom so the swapping points are no different and there is no difficulty in doing so (save when it asks you to)

God of Battle just to point out this is in Everything Console and GDI dumps do not work on real consoles as I am sure you know, that and over 70% of GD to CD rips have nothing removed or re-sampled, there are a good amount that do though as well, most do not though

Older scene releases are rather redundant now though as there are much cleaner rips done now, including a few I done myself

As it happens nothing is ripped from the game at all or re-sampled, but Echelon hacked this very much so, so all the data fits, they used on the fly extraction that causes slow downs even in a real console.

That version can be played through both discs though.

The best version out is for 99min CD-R's only, has nothing removed and has nothing that could be down sampled anyway, the game is on 4x99min CD-R though and does have it's own swap points, adding to that it is also a rip of the US version that supports VGA, Echelons copy is from the EU version that lacks VGA support even if you do patch it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-January-2014 at 17:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I'm playing on the real deal an old dreamcast but with the issue of GD-R disk image being to big for for CD-Rs I believe I'll have to stay with the scene release on this one.
    And don't worry about uploading a GDi image, I'm not a person who wants complete perfection in these type of things. As long as they are playable with slight problems I can ignore I'll be fine.

Edit @Zorlon That's all I needed to know is that the game can played through without any issues thanks
    Last edited by Linktopower; 18th-January-2014 at 17:36.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you have 99min CD-R's to hand (really can't see that as I know they are hard to find) or can get them though I have a copy of that up already

It does get annoying when skies lags, it does do that rather often as I am sure you can see for yourself.

You may not be one for perfection but when it lags as much as that, you will want better.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    If you have 99min CD-R's to hand (really can't see that as I know they are hard to find) or can get them though I have a copy of that up already

It does get annoying when skies lags, it does do that rather often as I am sure you can see for yourself.

You may not be one for perfection but when it lags as much as that, you will want better.
    I've noticed the lag I haven't really thought much of it but there is barely noticeable sound delays that kinda annoy me. If I had some 99min CD-R's then I would go with another version but trying to find some of those is going to be hard I've had some a long time ago but I used them to burn backups of all the snes, nes, gbc, gba games I had... XD
    Only if I would have some of them, lol.

I guess I'll have to leave with the lag and sound delay for now, I mean you get what you pay for a free copy of a game with less then perfect workings. LOL

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was just trying to be helpful but yeah I kinda didn't notice what section this was in, whoops
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Linktopower View Post
    I've noticed the lag I haven't really thought much of it but there is barely noticeable sound delays that kinda annoy me. If I had some 99min CD-R's then I would go with another version but trying to find some of those is going to be hard I've had some a long time ago but I used them to burn backups of all the snes, nes, gbc, gba games I had... XD
    Only if I would have some of them, lol.

I guess I'll have to leave with the lag and sound delay for now, I mean you get what you pay for a free copy of a game with less then perfect workings. LOL
    the 99min one is perfect bar the extra swap points, if you really wanted 99min media I can point those out though if the online store I got mine from still stock them, asides from the other 99min rips that are just about as perfect as you can get there is 1 game that you can only get to play from 99min media being D-2 a rather nice little horror game, though I think a few 80min rips have been attempted but have yet to see one that has all the discs done

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    the 99min one is perfect bar the extra swap points, if you really wanted 99min media I can point those out though if the online store I got mine from still stock them, asides from the other 99min rips that are just about as perfect as you can get there is 1 game that you can only get to play from 99min media being D-2 a rather nice little horror game, though I think a few 80min rips have been attempted but have yet to see one that has all the discs done
    I'll find some more of those 99min CD-r again, I've run into them a few times in the past once at walmart and a couple of times at a Biglots.
    When I find some I'll snag up the 99min rip of the game disk and give it a try.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Let me know if you need help finding them though, last time I looked they had been near impossible to find.

Up to you though, there is plenty of reason to get them asides from skies, but only really for Dreamcast games, depends what you want for it as well I was greedy so have every English Dreamcast game burned to CD

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]