Thread: Masterboy Help

Thanks

Default Masterboy Help

Hello all,

I've been having a problem with Masterboy v2.10. I created a custom palette to emulate the look of Gameboy games played on a Gameboy Colour. When I save any settings other than the Scaling, nothing happens. I have to colourise it every time I play my games. It's a minor issue, but something I would like to rectify, nonetheless.

I'm playing Tetris for the GameBoy on a PSP-1000 fat running CFW 6.60 Pro-C2.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How are you exiting out of the program?

I will check it out later myself via my own PSP later it may not support saving these, I don't know as I have not used it, I tend to emulate more on my 3DS for old handhelds.

EDIT:

Tetris DX is a SGB version that is coloured anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-January-2014 at 11:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I usually use the home button, but exiting using the in-game exit didn't help, either. I'm using the original '89 version for GameBoy, I just have a Colour system. You can emulate on a 3DS? What consoles?
    Last edited by Lazypsudeonym; 17th-January-2014 at 03:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GBA SNES SMD SMS GB to GBC PCE just about every 8 bit system

You do require a flash kit though like the Supercard DSTWO

Go get yourself the re-release called Tetris DX the game itself should be exactly the same but it is in colour, Nintendo do that with a number of games including one of the Zelda games for GameBoy again under DX

Others to look at asides from the DX versions are the Konami GB Collection Vol.1 to 4 that is a collection of GameBoy original games in colour

If I get time I will look at the documentation for the emulator masterboy v2.10 for you

EDIT:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. There are possibly other SGB Enhanced versions of normal GB games but they don't have the DX tagged to the name and possibly proper GameBoy Color games that originally got a normal GB version of, I'm not about to go through all the games to find out though :/

EDIT:

After you have coloured the game go to the menu of MasterBoy and press Triangle

This does not save settings for palette choices

I don't know how to colourize it direct on the PSP asides from the palettes so if you are doing this on the PSP let me know how so I can take a look at it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-January-2014 at 14:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

After you have coloured the game go to the menu of MasterBoy and press Triangle

This does not save settings for palette choices
    That's what I'm looking for, thanks! On a slightly related issue, and lemme know if I need to open a new thread for this, is there a GBA emulator for PSP that doesn't need a BIOS? I've looked, tried BIOS subs, got a SuperCard MicroSD to dump my own, and nothing seems to work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope, all GBA emulator need bios to run, AFAIK.

Which GBA emulator did you use on PSP? gpSP? Have you try bios from this site?
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Bah, I wanted to take the hard way around in getting a BIOS, which is of course why I gave up, found, and used the complete and wholly unoffical gPSP kai, which comes with a functional emulated BIOS. By the way, Meganova, thank you so much for your guide on Popsloader. Very helpful.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I colourized the game but you need to load the rom with the option off then turn it on once the rom loads

Just extract the attached to your Colorpak folder (make sure Tetris (World) (Rev A).pal.ini shares the name of the rom, the bit in bold, also keep the TETRIS.pal.ini file also)

Run the emu

Make sure
    Video>Game Boy>Machine Type = Game Boy Color [Not sure that is important]
    Video>Game Boy>Colorization = Off

File>Load ROM

L > Video>Game Boy>Colorization = On > L

Hope you like the colours I used

EDIT some screens are not done yet, there is graphics in there that I did not see on my play tests
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-January-2014 at 18:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Holy crap, that is really cool of you. Are you familiar with the term, "ask for salt and gives soup"? Thanks!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just glad you like, but as I stated there are graphics in there I didn't complete because I never seen them on play through so some are still black n white or coloured badly because I wasn't sure what they are part of

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]