Thread: A lot of problems with PSP iso files.

Thanks

Default A lot of problems with PSP iso files.

I am having a large problem with PSP iso files. After downloading them I have to un-rar them to run on my ppsspp emulator. The problem is that when I extract the file it ends up having two separate iso files one large around 200mb to 1000mb and one small 19mb to 24mb. I've tried using both files separately but both load a black screen. When I look in side the archive for the rar it had another rar file with an iso and folder with an iso. I have the android version of the emulator and use my device to download and extract. I have not had these problems before. So far only two of the iso I have downloaded are fine the other 9 are not. I only download one at a time and have tried numerous times on all broken files. I will list the files if you need them just let me know. But currently the one I am trying now is crimson gem saga USA iso.
    https://aboutmybrowser.com/3zl6s8po

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi

Well you need to extract the file twice. The first .rar will give you several files. You take the .rar file which is extracted and then extract that as well. For example, with Crimson Gem Saga USA I extracted: Crimson_Gem_Saga_USA_PSP-BAHAMUT.rar and got several files like:
    b-cgs.r01
    b-cgs.r02
    b-cgs.r23
    b-cgs.rar

So I extracted b-cgs.rar and got a file: b-cgs.iso

This is the file you would now need to load in an emulator.

Basically, extract the file you download and then extract the .rar within. You should end up with an iso or cso file.

What program are you using to extract the .rar files ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Use 7zip. You should really be doing all of this on a PC.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    Hi

Well you need to extract the file twice. The first .rar will give you several files. You take the .rar file which is extracted and then extract that as well. For example, with Crimson Gem Saga USA I extracted: Crimson_Gem_Saga_USA_PSP-BAHAMUT.rar and got several files like:
    b-cgs.r01
    b-cgs.r02
    b-cgs.r23
    b-cgs.rar

So I extracted b-cgs.rar and got a file: b-cgs.iso

This is the file you would now need to load in an emulator.

Basically, extract the file you download and then extract the .rar within. You should end up with an iso or cso file.

What program are you using to extract the .rar files ?
    I am using androzip. I haven't had any problems when I extracted crisis core: final fantasy 7. Yea I do get all that when I extract the file but when I use the iso in my emulator it just comes a black screen. I am having the same problems with assassin's creed bloodlines, both of the dissidia games, blade dancer, dantes inferno, brave story, the disgaea titles, and that's where I stopped after repeatedly downloading them and getting the same result. Yes I should do this on a pc but mine is out of order right now. Plus this is the first time I've had this problem and I have always used my phone and theses programs for my emulator. I will try with crimson gem saga again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3845 View Post
    I am using androzip. I haven't had any problems when I extracted crisis core: final fantasy 7. Yea I do get all that when I extract the file but when I use the iso in my emulator it just comes a black screen. I am having the same problems with assassin's creed bloodlines, both of the dissidia games, blade dancer, dantes inferno, brave story, the disgaea titles, and that's where I stopped after repeatedly downloading them and getting the same result. Yes I should do this on a pc but mine is out of order right now. Plus this is the first time I've had this problem and I have always used my phone and theses programs for my emulator. I will try with crimson gem saga again.
    Android zipping/unzipping isn't always a 100% Sorry about your pc but sometimes that's the only way to do it. Depends on the compression type and level. Android ones just sometimes can't handle it. Also noticed it more when it's a split archive too. I've found Zarchiver to be the best so far personally so maybe you could try that app?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Android zipping/unzipping isn't always a 100% Sorry about your pc but sometimes that's the only way to do it. Depends on the compression type and level. Android ones just sometimes can't handle it. Also noticed it more when it's a split archive too. I've found Zarchiver to be the best so far personally so maybe you could try that app?
    Thank you that worked! I appreciate all the help you guys are great! :-D

Thanks

Same with me cant load rar file after unpacking NFSMW(rar) it makes a lots of splitted files together.. like a-nfsmwu.001,a-nfsmwu.002...so on.
    after joining it using 7-zip it creates an ISO..
    that doesnt load in emulator?? :O

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie35 View Post
    Same with me cant load rar file after unpacking NFSMW(rar) it makes a lots of splitted files together.. like a-nfsmwu.001,a-nfsmwu.002...so on.
    after joining it using 7-zip it creates an ISO..
    that doesnt load in emulator?? :O
    Please, don't revive old threads. You already created your own thread, let's stick to it.