Thread: Spyro The Dragon flying cheat with Gameshark/Action Replay?

Thanks

Default Spyro The Dragon flying cheat with Gameshark/Action Replay?

Sometime ago I found an action replay ISO (that worked), a gameshark code for Spyro the Dragon called "Spyro Can Fly", and a converter from gameshark to action replay codes. I cannot find this again, I would like to.

Reason? Spyro is my favorite game of all time, I've beaten it 100% several times, but from a very young age I've been obsessed with flying and have always been disappointed with how flight in Spyro was limited to a few levels. I really enjoyed having that ability on EPSXE, it was like fulfilling one of my childhood dreams. Now I'd like to have that ability again.

The way this code worked was that you held triangle and L1 to switch to flying, and triangle and R1 to switch back. I remember that if you entered portals with the cheat turned on it would crash the emulator. I hope this is helpful info, I'd appreciate it if someone could direct me to where I can find these two things.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GameShark and Action Replay are the same device, GameShark was the U.S. name for the Action Replay

You don't even need an Action Replay or GameShark disc to use codes in ePSXe you can just use pec

You can get pec from http://ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/d...downloads.html just scroll down a bit on that page

PEC is used as a Plugin (Video plugin to be exact the Video plugin is then setup inside the setup for PEC)

The codes are

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-January-2014 at 20:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    GameShark and Action Replay are the same device, GameShark was the U.S. name for the Action Replay

You don't even need an Action Replay or GameShark disc to use codes in ePSXe you can just use pec

You can get pec from http://ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/d...downloads.html just scroll down a bit on that page

PEC is used as a Plugin (Video plugin to be exact the Video plugin is then setup inside the setup for PEC)

The codes are

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    This morning I actually found that video and spent some time trying to figure out PEC, but my version of EPSXE was old. When I upgraded it to 1.9, I noticed it has an inbuilt cheat code enabler as of 1.8. I started using it when 1.7 was in the testing stage. Apparently you just get the technical name of the game (In this case SCUS_942.28) and name a text file after it, thn you enter the name of the code with a # as a prefix, and the actual code.

So it would look like this:
    #Flight
    D0077380 0014
    80078CA4 0001
    D0077380 0018
    80078CA4 0000

Sorry for asking such a redundant question. I would have found the answer if I weren't so tired and I bothered to upgrade my old emulator version but I hope this is useful to someone regardless.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PEC works with version 1.5.2 up to version 1.9.0 or ePSXe the age of ePSXe is not a problem, I am betting it would of worked fine with even older versions

I do believe the moon jump code is also needed

Try out http://www.aldostools.org/pecedit.html

I can honesty say I don't remember how the codes are layed out and don't have time to check at the moment, pec edit would help though or you can open the cheat database with notepad (it will take a bit of time to load though)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR