Thread: Need Help with Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis for PCSX2!

Thanks

Question Need Help with Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis for PCSX2!

Hi! I'm requesting help with playing the rom for Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis for PCSX2! I'm using a Mac if this helps
    I followed a Youtube guide where I downloaded PCSX2 and everything was fine with that, and downloaded X Quartz to use it. Everything seems to be working just fine, I'm able to open up PCSX2 and everything, but when I try to open the file for my game all I get is that I need to insert a disc. I've configured it to the Bios that came with my PCSX2 download, I used The Unarchiver to decompress the .BIN file in the folder that I got once I decompressed the File-7 that I got when I downloaded the game, which I downloaded from here, then decompressed .ISO that was in the folder that came after decompressing the .BIN file. I go to PCSX2, configure everything correctly, then select File -> Run Iso Image... -> then I find where I have the game, click on the Jurassic Park Folder, then I can choose between the game's .bin or .cue, or I can click on the decompressed folder and one option I've clicked on, which I thought was right, was DATA.ISO, but it doesn't work! Please help me get this game running

Thanks
    EP Points

After you first decompressed what did you end up with? The bin? that's what you should run. It sounds like you decompressed the actual image ie. went too far.

I can't even find it on any compatibility list and looks untested so it may not even work properly anyways.

However there is a PC version you could try to find which I don't mind mentioning since it's a 2003 game and falls within our rules of 10 year+ for PC games

You'd probably be better off with that as the requirements would be lower to run it too.

Thanks

After downloading it it came as a .7z file, I decompressed that and got a folder for it, which inside of the folder had a .bin that I decompressed, and a .cue, after decompressing the .bin I got another folder that had a bunch of stuff in it like a data folder, and the DATA.ISO that I decompressed. I tried opening the game from the .bin and it comes up, but its just a black screen with the image of a cd in the corner that just keeps flashing, and nothing happens.
    A PC version? Do you know where I might be able to find that?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amyfhc13 View Post
    After downloading it it came as a .7z file, I decompressed that and got a folder for it, which inside of the folder had a .bin that I decompressed, and a .cue, after decompressing the .bin I got another folder that had a bunch of stuff in it like a data folder, and the DATA.ISO that I decompressed. I tried opening the game from the .bin and it comes up, but its just a black screen with the image of a cd in the corner that just keeps flashing, and nothing happens.
    A PC version? Do you know where I might be able to find that?
    Yeah the bin is what you wanted. It didn't work because of well who knows really it would be a settings thing I guess. You could try to run in software mode and see if it runs. As for the PC version give me a few minutes and I'll upload it

Thanks

Thank you!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup no problem. It'll be ready in a sec.

I'll edit this post when it's done

alrighty here it is

Now I just found an actual Mac version but the requirements are so low in the first place I don't think it matters anyhow
    Last edited by Zaladane; 10th-January-2014 at 03:32.

Thanks

Thank you! I really appreciate it!