Page 58 of 267 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dead-Out: Many dead koalas to see here~

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I thought you hated anime Flava
    I do

I pretty much just like the really old stuff - you know, the ones that you kids aren't into these days

Thanks
    EP Points

iTools is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than iTunes.

Software that does what I want it to do. Amazing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Yeah, Evangelion went a little overboard in the last few episodes, but it was pretty good outside of that. I've heard of Outlaw Star, never seen it though.... Does Adult Swim still show anime? I haven't watched that for a long ass time. About my only interaction with anime is what is available on Netflix, and everything on there is shit in my opinion. Granted, I haven't watched any of it, but they all look like love stories and high school romance shit. Not into that stuff
    I do

I pretty much just like the really old stuff - you know, the ones that you kids aren't into these days
    I can request several for you that will break from that mold

Thanks
    EP Points

The way I see it is like this Sheras - the old stuff spanning the late 70's to mid 90's was very much centered on making anime movies - or if it was a series, it was typically just a 4 episode run or something. Some where in the late 90's early 2000's pretty much everything shifted to a tv format and everything all of a sudden went to 24, 48 or even more episodes and I really lost interest. Now yes, there were long running series earlier on, i.e. Robotech, Macross, etc, but the style of everything was different.

The stuff I really enjoyed were basically just movies that were animated because due to technology and budget limitations they just weren't feasible as a live action venture. Prime examples are Akira, Venus Wars, VHD, pretty much most of what Beelze and I have discussed.

Anime now is nothing but big tits, short skirts and angry highschool kids. Yes, that's a bit broad and I may be narrow minded here, but that's how I see it and that's why I don't like it.... hence the two distinctly different eras of anime (in my opinion).

Got it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The way I see it is like this Sheras - the old stuff spanning the late 70's to mid 90's was very much centered on making anime movies - or if it was a series, it was typically just a 4 episode run or something. Some where in the late 90's early 2000's pretty much everything shifted to a tv format and everything all of a sudden went to 24, 48 or even more episodes and I really lost interest. Now yes, there were long running series earlier on, i.e. Robotech, Macross, etc, but the style of everything was different.

The stuff I really enjoyed were basically just movies that were animated because due to technology and budget limitations they just weren't feasible as a live action venture. Prime examples are Akira, Venus Wars, VHD, pretty much most of what Beelze and I have discussed.

Anime now is nothing but big tits, short skirts and angry highschool kids. Yes, that's a bit broad and I may be narrow minded here, but that's how I see it and that's why I don't like it.... hence the two distinctly different eras of anime (in my opinion).

Got it?
    Lots do have that. But I can still name several very good series with none of that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lots do have that. But I can still name several very good series with none of that.
    I'm old and stuck in my ways
    I don't need any recommendations unless you can come up with some movies (not episodic stuff) that fit the bill. I've got so much shit on my plate that I don't really need a pending anime collection as well that I'll never get to

And I've seen most of Miyazaki's stuff - those are a little too "Disney" for me. Mononoke I think was his best... and darkest.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't need any recommendations unless you can come up with some movies (not episodic stuff) that fit the bill. I've got so much shit on my plate that I don't really need a pending anime collection as well that I'll never get to

And I've seen most of Miyazaki's stuff - those are a little too "Disney" for me. Mononoke I think was his best... and darkest.
    Fine, be close minded

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Grilled cheese sandwiches have been consumed.

Yeah, Evangelion went a little overboard in the last few episodes, but it was pretty good outside of that. I've heard of Outlaw Star, never seen it though.... Does Adult Swim still show anime? I haven't watched that for a long ass time. About my only interaction with anime is what is available on Netflix, and everything on there is shit in my opinion. Granted, I haven't watched any of it, but they all look like love stories and high school romance shit. Not into that stuff
    I'm not sure if Adult Swim still shows anime, it might. Though most of the series that I mentioned before were shown on AS. You should look some of those up too. Because they're not like the usual, as you put it "love stories and high school romance shit".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you haven't already you really should watch Grave of the Fireflies. I dare you not to cry.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    I'm not sure if Adult Swim still shows anime, it might. Though most of the series that I mentioned before were shown on AS. You should look some of those up too. Because they're not like the usual, as you put it "love stories and high school romance shit".

That's good - because the last time I tried something on Netflix that looked decent it turned out to be nothing but a fan service panty shot/upskirt camera angled zombie killing-high school fap fest. I can't even remember what it was called, but it was terribad.

And I've got nothing against nudity or sex for the record, I just prefer "real" women and not cartoon chicks

Thanks
    EP Points

If you haven't already you really should watch Grave of the Fireflies. I dare you not to cry.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. That was super depressing. Another one that's very similar is Barefoot Gen. I didn't know anything about it (it was on the Streamline Reel, so I figured I needed to grab it), and it turned out to be an eye witness account to the H-bomb and it was just a total downer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's good - because the last time I tried something on Netflix that looked decent it turned out to be nothing but a fan service panty shot/upskirt camera angled zombie killing-high school fap fest. I can't even remember what it was called, but it was terribad.

And I've got nothing against nudity or sex for the record, I just prefer "real" women and not cartoon chicks
    That sounds like High School of the Dead, and yeah that's pretty much it. That manga has been "ongoing" for ages.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Was it High School of the Dead by chance? If so I watched it, it wasn't that bad really. I still watch a decent amount of newer anime from time to time.

EDIT: Damn Sheras beat me to it.

Thanks
    EP Points

That sounds like High School of the Dead, and yeah that's pretty much it. That manga has been "ongoing" for ages.
    Yeah, that's probably it. Is it a good thing that you knew what I was talking about?
    You need to go watch some of the old shit Sheras, if you haven't already. There's a lot of good stuff out there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Was it High School of the Dead by chance? If so I watched it, it wasn't that bad really. I still watch a decent amount of newer anime from time to time.

EDIT: Damn Sheras beat me to it.
    I am ninja

Yeah, that's probably it. Is it a good thing that you knew what I was talking about?
    You need to go watch some of the old shit Sheras, if you haven't already. There's a lot of good stuff out there.
    Fine generate me a list. Won't be able to watch very often though. I will be busy as hell this semester.

And it isn't that bad of series, but it does have that aspect. There have been a lot of animes that I will be watching that are good and just have panty shots and such out of nowhere.