Page 57 of 267 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dead-Out: Many dead koalas to see here~

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    yeah, I would pretty mush go and stay the night at my best friends house every weekend. Then we'd usually rent a couple games/movies from BB. We'd rent anime a lot of the time. I remember watching a lot of what you mentioned above. Plus one's such as Riding Bean, MD Geist 1&2, and Patlabor.
    Oh shit, I forgot about Riding Bean - I found that one at a mom and pop video store a few years later. I really liked Patlabor - Patlabor 2 not so much, but the original was great. Speaking of which, did you see some film company in Japan is making a big budget live action Patlabor movie? They even have a huge ass 50 ft tall recreation of the mech. I saw a pic of it being hauled by a crane

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm a Leo as well

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post

Us Leo's gotta stick together! I'm guessing you're 32 as well? I guess you're my brother from another mother then since we don't have the exact same birth date
    I won't bother asking if you've seen Ninja Scroll (if you haven't you need to cut your wrists ), but have you seen Wings of Honneamise? After I bought a few movies (the ones by MANGA), they had that great trailer reel beforehand and I literally scouted out just about every flick on that reel once I discovered Best Buys anime section
    Nah, I'm one year behind ya at 31. Still, you can be my big brother I never had.

Or course I've seen Ninja Scroll as well as Wicked City. I have seen Wings of Honneamise, though only once. I remember it faintly, but nothing really sticks out except some guy trying to get out into space.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that reel made me seek out almost all of those movies.

Wings is a really great movie - it's totally more of a drama and a very interesting take on the first manned journey into space. You'd probably really enjoy it now that you're older - I've actually got a BluRay of it - fucker was like $80

Fucking Wicked City..... all I can say is LOL
    That movie was messed up

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh shit, I forgot about Riding Bean - I found that one at a mom and pop video store a few years later. I really liked Patlabor - Patlabor 2 not so much, but the original was great. Speaking of which, did you see some film company in Japan is making a big budget live action Patlabor movie? They even have a huge ass 50 ft tall recreation of the mech. I saw a pic of it being hauled by a crane
    I think they might have actually made even more than two anime, though I could be wrong. That's awesome! I would totally watch a live action Patlabor movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I'm a Leo as well
    Awww yeeaah!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I'm a Leo as well
    Yeah, but you're a little Leo - we've got over a decade on you.... youngin'

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, that reel made me seek out almost all of those movies.

Wings is a really great movie - it's totally more of a drama and a very interesting take on the first manned journey into space. You'd probably really enjoy it now that you're older - I've actually got a BluRay of it - fucker was like $80

Fucking Wicked City..... all I can say is LOL
    That movie was messed up
    Yeah, I remember seeing that preview video from Manga quite a bit growing up. Not too mention the song is badass as well. KMFDM if I remember right.

haha yeah good 'ole Wicked City. Toothy-mawed spider vaginas FTW!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, but you're a little Leo - we've got over a decade on you.... youngin'

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

BB, you seen Project A-ko?

Finally got my hands on the DVD box set
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I remember seeing that preview video from Manga quite a bit growing up. Not too mention the song is badass as well. KMFDM if I remember right.

haha yeah good 'ole Wicked City. Toothy-mawed spider vaginas FTW!
    Streamline had a pretty decent trailer reel too - they had the rights to VHD, Akira and several others. I think they went defunct kinda early on though and MANGA bought them up or something. I think the MANGA company is actually still around, but I'm not sure if it's still really the same or not. For me, my anime interest died in the late 90's - all the great stuff had been around since the late 70's, and the newer movies like Ghost in the Shell and some of those were great, but then everything moved almost exclusively into the episodic format. I don't really care for that. Not to mention a lot of it is just "fan servicey" anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Streamline had a pretty decent trailer reel too - they had the rights to VHD, Akira and several others. I think they went defunct kinda early on though and MANGA bought them up or something. I think the MANGA company is actually still around, but I'm not sure if it's still really the same or not. For me, my anime interest died in the late 90's - all the great stuff had been around since the late 70's, and the newer movies like Ghost in the Shell and some of those were great, but then everything moved almost exclusively into the episodic format. I don't really care for that. Not to mention a lot of it is just "fan servicey" anyway.
    Yeah, I agree somewhat to a degree. Although I actually like some of the episodic anime series. Such as Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Berserk, Samurai Champloo, Rouroni Kenshin, Desert Punk, Gungrave, and quite a few others. With so much anime out there it's hard to not find something to like TBH, even nowadays. Though I do agree that the mid-80s to early/mid-nineties still has all of my favorite classics.

Thanks
    EP Points

I did like Berserk - that was a pretty bad ass series. Evangelion was good as well, and I think the last thing I saw several years ago was Black Lagoon - that was actually pretty decent. It reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop, only not in space

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I did like Berserk - that was a pretty bad ass series. Evangelion was good as well, and I think the last thing I saw several years ago was Black Lagoon - that was actually pretty decent. It reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop, only not in space
    Evangelion was pretty good, albeit pretty strange. One that I really enjoyed that I've watched through a couples times is Outlaw Star. Actually Toonami/Adult Swim had some pretty good series on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Evangelion was pretty good, albeit pretty strange. One that I really enjoyed that I've watched through a couples times is Outlaw Star. Actually Toonami/Adult Swim had some pretty good series on it.
    Yeah, Evangelion went a little overboard in the last few episodes, but it was pretty good outside of that. I've heard of Outlaw Star, never seen it though.... Does Adult Swim still show anime? I haven't watched that for a long ass time. About my only interaction with anime is what is available on Netflix, and everything on there is shit in my opinion. Granted, I haven't watched any of it, but they all look like love stories and high school romance shit. Not into that stuff

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought you hated anime Flava