Page 56 of 267 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dead-Out: Many dead koalas to see here~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by God of Battle View Post
    152 for FOTNS BB, and ya , the original Vampire Hunter D is a classic.
    I did say it was over 150.

Either of you ever played the two FotNS games for PS3? Also there's an awesome 2D HNK/FotNS fighting game originally for the Atomiswave arcade platform. Though it was also ported to PS2. I think it was made by Arc System Works if I remember correctly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    VENUS WARS!

Dude, are you my long-lost brother? Seriously that was one of my earliest exposures to anime as well. I freakin' love that movie!

Another really good one that was written by the director of Akira was Roujin Z. It is a huge departure from Akira, but it has always been one of my old school favs.
    Oh god, I forgot about Roujin Z - That's another fantastic movie as well!

Ok, so here's the real test - when did you first see anime? I think I was about 12 or so, and it was in the early 90's, but the SciFi channel was running it's first ever broadcast of anime, and for 1 week each night they showed a movie and actually had some random people doing intros/outros and stuff during commercial breaks. The first night was Venus Wars, and I just happened to catch it purely by chance. Some of the others they showed were Project A-Ko, Tank Police (another great one) and Demon City Shinjuku. A few months later they started doing a "saturday anime" block on saturday mornings and I would catch movies on there sometimes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Either of you ever played the two FotNS games for PS3? Also there's an awesome 2D HNK/FotNS fighting game originally for the Atomiswave arcade platform. Though it was also ported to PS2. I think it was made by Arc System Works if I remember correctly.
    I was about to ask you this as well - the only one I've played is the first one on PS3 - I actually enjoyed it even though I don't like Dynasty Warrior type games.... but it's FotNS.... so there's that.

Also played the original on NES and both versions on Genesis, (Last Battle/HnK). Neither of those were particularly awesome

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sad now.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ya I fuckin love the Hokuto no Ken PS2 game, yup made by arc system works, My Fav HnK Character................Fucking Jesu.....er Toki

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I'm sad now.
    Why you sad? Your cat didn't get run over did it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Oh god, I forgot about Roujin Z - That's another fantastic movie as well!

Ok, so here's the real test - when did you first see anime? I think I was about 12 or so, and it was in the early 90's, but the SciFi channel was running it's first ever broadcast of anime, and for 1 week each night they showed a movie and actually had some random people doing intros/outros and stuff during commercial breaks. The first night was Venus Wars, and I just happened to catch it purely by chance. Some of the others they showed were Project A-Ko, Tank Police (another great one) and Demon City Shinjuku. A few months later they started doing a "saturday anime" block on saturday mornings and I would catch movies on there sometimes.

Holy shit, that's the exact program that I watched it on! I'm not fucking lying...it was some kinda festival of Japanese Animation or something if I remember correctly. Weren't they doing interviews with some of the animators/directors/creators between commercial breaks or something? Though I only remember watching Venus Wars, Project A-Ko, and I think Dominion Tank Police. I didn't end up catching Demon City Shinjuku. Though I did end up renting it from a local Blockbuster not too long after.

EDIT: I can't remember how old I was. Though I think we're about the same age. So I was probably 11 or 12.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Holy shit, that's the exact program that I watched it on! I'm not fucking lying...it was some kinda festival of Japanese Animation or something if I remember correctly. Weren't they doing interviews with some of the animators/directors/creators between commercial breaks or something? Though I only remember watching Venus Wars, Project A-Ko, and I think Dominion Tank Police. I didn't end up catching Demon City Shinjuku. Though I did end up renting it from a local Blockbuster not too long after.
    Yeah, you're my long lost twin then
    It was a festival of sorts and it lasted all week long. I totally caught it by chance too, and man was I happy I did. I remember near the end of that week they advertised the world premiere showing of Akira for August 17th (which was like a month away or something). The only reason I remember that is because that's 3 days before my birthday and that was the first time I saw Akira. Will never forget it

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have a cat

And because I just went 18/6/11 in a game of LoL and we lost. We were having a major comeback too

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    You cannot even talk brah

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, you're my long lost twin then
    It was a festival of sorts and it lasted all week long. I totally caught it by chance too, and man was I happy I did. I remember near the end of that week they advertised the world premiere showing of Akira for August 17th (which was like a month away or something). The only reason I remember that is because that's 3 days before my birthday and that was the first time I saw Akira. Will never forget it
    Yep, I watched that world premier of Akira. It was so awesome. I definitely became a fan of anime after that.

No wonder we get along so well, I'm a Leo as well. August 6th is my birthday.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't end up catching Demon City Shinjuku. Though I did end up renting it from a local Blockbuster not too long after.

EDIT: I can't remember how old I was. Though I think we're about the same age. So I was probably 11 or 12.
    Yeah, it was before I was in highschool, I know that much... pretty sure I was about 12 or turning 12.

I did the same as well, finally found some anime at Blockbuster - they didn't have much but I found VHD and Venus Wars there, along with Appleseed and MD Geist. They had Bubblegum Crisis, but only a handful of episodes.
    And I think you're right about the interviews with creators and what not - I can't remember who all it was, but I thought it was the coolest thing because they were explaining the nature of the movies, and the style of animation, etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    You cannot even talk brah
    Oh yeah? And why is that eh?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, I watched that world premier of Akira. It was so awesome. I definitely became a fan of anime after that.

No wonder we get along so well, I'm a Leo as well. August 6th is my birthday.

Us Leo's gotta stick together! I'm guessing you're 32 as well? I guess you're my brother from another mother then since we don't have the exact same birth date
    I won't bother asking if you've seen Ninja Scroll (if you haven't you need to cut your wrists ), but have you seen Wings of Honneamise? After I bought a few movies (the ones by MANGA), they had that great trailer reel beforehand and I literally scouted out just about every flick on that reel once I discovered Best Buys anime section

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, it was before I was in highschool, I know that much... pretty sure I was about 12 or turning 12.

I did the same as well, finally found some anime at Blockbuster - they didn't have much but I found VHD and Venus Wars there, along with Appleseed and MD Geist. They had Bubblegum Crisis, but only a handful of episodes.
    And I think you're right about the interviews with creators and what not - I can't remember who all it was, but I thought it was the coolest thing because they were explaining the nature of the movies, and the style of animation, etc.
    yeah, I would pretty mush go and stay the night at my best friends house every weekend. Then we'd usually rent a couple games/movies from BB. We'd rent anime a lot of the time. I remember watching a lot of what you mentioned above. Plus one's such as Riding Bean, MD Geist 1&2, and Patlabor.