Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Heroes II help [ppsspp/jcpsp]

Thanks

Default Legend of Heroes II help [ppsspp/jcpsp]

I am trying to download both ppsspp and jcpsp emulators to run Legend of Heroes II Prophecy of the Moonlight witch and All i get is it trying to run in mzip, issue is I do not know how to use Mzip cause i had originally downloaded it before i got 7zip. Can anyone walk me through on how to download either one. I tried to use the links in the website but it gives me bits and pieces of it. Is there anyone who can direct me to something to download to hold these emulator pieces so i can download it easily? I am using windows 8 32-bit on google chrome.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Trastina5135 View Post
    All i get is it trying to run in mzip
    I'm assuming you're trying to open an archive file of some sort (zip, rar, 7z, etc), correct? If you're using 7zip now, you can easily set the file to use that instead by right clicking it, clicking Properties, then "Change" next to "Opens with", and selecting 7zip. If it doesn't show up under either Recommended Programs or Other Programs, click Browse in the lower right corner and find your 7z.exe (most likely under C:\Program Files\7-Zip). This is all assuming it works the same as it does in Win7 (most likely does, give it a shot).

Can anyone walk me through on how to download either one. I tried to use the links in the website but it gives me bits and pieces of it.
    Not sure what you mean by "bits and pieces"; you mean the files come with multiple files and folders included? This is normal.

In any case, I'd always recommend just getting your emulators from their official websites/repositories when possible (the copy of ppsspp on this site for example is a few versions outdated).

Link for JPCSP: http://jpcsp.org/ <--- use the top download link, labeled "windows-x86-32". It'll link you to rapidgator, just click the grey "slow download" button and follow the instructions.
    Link for PPSSPP: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds <--- Just click the Download link near the bottom; it's a direct link.

EDIT: http://www.psp-compatibility.com/gam...e.php?type=UMD <--- This website is showing the game you're trying to play as being compatible with JPCSP, so I'd try that one first.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 31st-December-2013 at 01:13.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Ok never mind i figured out that but now another issue has arrived. Controls. Every time i try to configure it with my ps3 controller now it toggles automatically to Z-axis and anytime i click it will say press key then flash to z axis and it happens to every button i click. how do i fix that?
    Last edited by Trastina5135; 31st-December-2013 at 04:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

To start JPCSP, just click the start-windows-x86.bat file

As for PPSSPP, click the PPSSPPWindows.exe file instead.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Already got that whole issue fixed about not knowing how to run it and all. Got a whole new issue that is ticking me off. Every Single Time i tried to move the legend of heroes II iso file to the jpcsp file it keeps saying its already in the system when I know very very well it is not. I had tried to run it in the file without transfering it to the umd file and it just wont work. so i cant even play the game cause its saying falsely that it is running in the system. I had already shut down my computer and logged off twice. It had worked for a little bit then stopped completly. Now i am having to reinstall it again just cause it wont let me move it.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're trying to move the iso file to a jpcsp folder while jpcsp is running, it's possible that jpcsp itself is what has the folders locked up. Make sure the program is closed before trying to do anything.

If that's not the problem, try installing Unlocker, found here; http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/...ocker1.9.2.exe. When the installer gets to the part that says "Delta Toolbar", make sure you select Custom and uncheck "Install delta toolbar".

Once it's installed, go to whatever file you're trying to move and right-click it, then click the "Unlocker" option. If it's being locked by the system, it'll come up with a window showing what's holding it up. Just click "Unlock All" near the bottom and you should be able to move it. If this doesn't fix it, try doing the same thing for the folder you're trying to move the file to.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Already got that whole issue fixed about not knowing how to run it and all. Got a whole new issue that is ticking me off. Every Single Time i tried to move the legend of heroes II iso file to the jpcsp file it keeps saying its already in the system when I know very very well it is not. I had tried to run it in the file without transfering it to the umd file and it just wont work. so i cant even play the game cause its saying falsely that it is running in the system. I had already shut down my computer and logged off twice. It had worked for a little bit then stopped completly. Now i am having to reinstall it again just cause it wont let me move it.
    You don't need to move the iso into the umd file, instead just go to Option -> Settings or press F12 on your keyboard to open up Configuration window,
    then on General tab, set your UMD path folder there.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    If you're trying to move the iso file to a jpcsp folder while jpcsp is running, it's possible that jpcsp itself is what has the folders locked up. Make sure the program is closed before trying to do anything.

If that's not the problem, try installing Unlocker, found here; http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/...ocker1.9.2.exe. When the installer gets to the part that says "Delta Toolbar", make sure you select Custom and uncheck "Install delta toolbar".

Once it's installed, go to whatever file you're trying to move and right-click it, then click the "Unlocker" option. If it's being locked by the system, it'll come up with a window showing what's holding it up. Just click "Unlock All" near the bottom and you should be able to move it. If this doesn't fix it, try doing the same thing for the folder you're trying to move the file to.

WOW, that's a great program to have handy. I often come across situations where a file is in use that shouldn't be. I never even thought to look for something like this. Solid link!

Thanks

Default Will deal with the moving file issue later. Need a link.

Can anyone link me to the sonic stage website? i got the sound effects but no music or anything.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

yeah cause i tried to use the jpcsp forum site with a sonic stage and it did all crazy things. it would pull up google chrome then i go to shut it down it pulls it up again. it had a different homepage since i accidently installed that. It installed mobugenie and some other crap that i had to get rid of via the control panel. IT wouldnt reset my homepage so i had to even restore to defaults cause it looked like it had an advertisement to viruses right there.

Wait. I dont have those required systems im under windows 8 32-bit so is there anyway i can install it on windows 8? this is even weirder. when i go to load persona 3 the music for the main page works but doesnt seem to for anything else.
    Last edited by meganova; 31st-December-2013 at 22:44. Reason: no double posting, please use the edit button next time

Thanks
    EP Points

Please do not double post

Btw, Sony has discontinued SonicStage development since last year, and perhaps they have pulled out every related files they had from their server, so if the above link doesn't work (I haven't test it),
    download it from this thread. But, just a reminder, it might not work on Windows 8 though.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you already give PPSSPP a try? Because unlike JPCSP, it can decode all audio without additional software or plug-in and is way faster.

Thanks

im sorry but i dont trust that site that has jpcsp because it almost infected my computer. Frankly i tried to install sonic stage from there but, it almost infected my computer installing mogugenie along with a tool bar with advertisement saying about updating windows (which i assumed was a virus) it would shut down google chrome when i pull it up then pulls it up then shuts it down again. I had to go and track every single one of the files and get rid of them, but i dont think i want to trust any psp emulator stuff anymore since it did that yesterday.

Thanks
    EP Points

im sorry but i dont trust that site that has jpcsp because it almost infected my computer
    You mean rapidgator? Can't say I've had that issue with it myself, but I'm going to guess either your AV came up with a false positive while browsing it, or you managed to click something other than the actual download link. Unfortunately that's sort of how it goes with free file hosts; the reason they can stay free is because of intrusive advertising. Installing Adblock Plus will hide most of the more "malicious" stuff in general.

Frankly i tried to install sonic stage from there but, it almost infected my computer installing mogugenie along with a tool bar with advertisement saying about updating windows (which i assumed was a virus) it would shut down google chrome when i pull it up then pulls it up then shuts it down again
    Most software installers from large companies nowadays will include crapware toolbars etc; as with free file hosts, this is generally how they're able to offer their software for free. This is why you should always actually read through each window rather than just "Next"ing through the whole process. I've never run across an installer (for legitimate software) that installs adware without giving the option to disable it somewhere.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 1st-January-2014 at 23:09.