Thread: NES Emulation on Android

Thanks

Default NES Emulation on Android

Would like to emulate NES Elite on my Android, however, it doesn't work properly (I seem to recall PC NES emulators have problems with this game as well) and doesn't get past the first intro screen. Anyone any suggestions on which emulator to use?

TIA

Steve

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved to mobile devices unless you are wanting to emulate an android on your PC to emulate the NES that is as silly as it sounds (as it happens you can do that)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

On a tablet actually (JXD S7300B) but I see what you mean.

Steve

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

a tablet is mobile is it not, mobile is not a reference to a phone, but just a mobile device a device that is designed to be used mobile (on the move), this includes tablets.

there is a console that uses Android as well though that would also get moved here because it uses an OS mostly used with mobile devices such as tablets and cell phones

P.S. Elite was a ZX Spectrum game long before it was a NES game, so you can try that version instead via a ZX Spectrum emulator, not sure how you would go about setting that up on a touch screen device though without just having the entire ZX Spectrum 48k keyboard shown, if it is done well though you should be able to just set out the used keys to be touchable at certain area's of the screen

Elite was on several platforms

Amiga, Apple II, Atari ST, BBC Micro, C64, CPC, MSX, NES, PC, ZX Spectrum

the best 8 bit version I would of thought would be the MSX version as most MSX ports had been the best around at that time (not true of all games though just in general)
    Amiga and Atari ST are 16 bit computers so visual improvements, though game play may of suffered that happened for a small number of games (not true of all games though more 50/50 Amiga and ST original and PC to Amiga and ST are often done very well though in contrast to the 8bit to 16bit ports)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-December-2013 at 22:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by EthicalCompanies View Post
    Would like to emulate NES Elite on my Android, however, it doesn't work properly (I seem to recall PC NES emulators have problems with this game as well) and doesn't get past the first intro screen. Anyone any suggestions on which emulator to use?

TIA

Steve
    I tried running this game on Nesoid 2.5, and its working, but there are major graphical issue (quite similar to FCEUX on PC), so you might want to try Nostalgia.Nes (available on PlayStore) instead.
    vc3 released.