Thread: Megaman Starforce bug

Thanks

Default Megaman Starforce bug

hey there guys..need help here... i downloaded this game,megaman starforce leo and previously starforce dragon.... but both show this type of bug... whenever entering a battle, the lower screen is ok... but the upper screen does not show anything but blank or just background picture... I really love megaman series and i love some help from anyone who is good to help me
    Last edited by fear_noobie; 14th-December-2013 at 14:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Please post more info about it, emulator version/settings/pc specs/etc.
    If you download it from here, please the link as well.
    vc3 released.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

make that emulator and version as there are several DS emulators around

for future reference it makes it easier for those wanting to help you to provide as much info as you can

So system you are emulating
    what emulator and the version
    Your PC's system specs
    The name of the game and it's region (PAL or NTSC, E, U or J ect or even NA, EU or JP)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2013 at 18:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

first of all thanks guys for speedy reply... this is the first post i ever had... so pretty naive~ the emulator used is desmume 0.9.9.
    This is the name of that rom - MegaMan Star Force - Dragon (U)(XenoPhobia).my computer spec i am not sure as i only know how to use the basic system of computer... but i sure it was not computer problem as i played other game on Desmume it still work.. eg: pokemon black and Yugioh GX spirit caller...

Name:  megaman bug.jpg
Views: 2487
Size:  95.5 KB

see the screen on the left ... which show nothing but background picture... thanks in advance

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sure someone will help you here soon

To find out your system specs press the windows key (it will bring up what used to be called the start menu) anyway there will be a text box as well as the menu.
    In the text box type dxdiag then hit enter
    Give it a bit of time to load, that will bring up DirectX Diagnostic Tool
    The first screen you see has your basic system specs listed and most of what we need to know
    the second tab "Display" has the rest of the information that is your graphics card or internal GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)

of the system specs we would only need to know...

System:

Operating System
    Processor
    Memory

Display:

Chip type
    Memory

There is alot more info shown on the DirectX Diagnostic Tool though

P.S. DeSmuME is not a perfect DS emulator (there isn't a perfect one), despite that there may still be a way to fix the issue you are having. I will take a personal look though if none else can help you out, as for myself I just use a DS flash kit on my 3DS to play DS games, saying that I am happy to do some tests on my PC for this game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2013 at 20:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by fear_noobie View Post
    first of all thanks guys for speedy reply... this is the first post i ever had... so pretty naive~ the emulator used is desmume 0.9.9.
    This is the name of that rom - MegaMan Star Force - Dragon (U)(XenoPhobia).my computer spec i am not sure as i only know how to use the basic system of computer... but i sure it was not computer problem as i played other game on Desmume it still work.. eg: pokemon black and Yugioh GX spirit caller...

Name:  megaman bug.jpg
Views: 2487
Size:  95.5 KB

see the screen on the left ... which show nothing but background picture... thanks in advance
    Go to Config -> 3D Settings, and change the Renderer to SoftRasterizer.

Make sure to enable everything, except the Line hack.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Zorlon! thanks for the effort of helping... feeling so glad joining this community... the admin is nice and professional... meganova fixed it for me already... Meganova... thanks alot.... i appreciated thanks... good admin

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad you got that working, yeah Meganova is one of our great staff members for this section of the forums.

I can't claim any credit I was just guiding you on how to find the info really and the info that is looked for, I would of helped if Meganova was unable to though.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

its good... i appreciated the effort... both are great.. really glad joining this site.. thanks