Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the first video game and console you've ever owned?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What is the first video game and console you've ever owned?

Not including PC games.

For me, it was Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sega Genesis. I received them for Christmas 1996, when I was 8. Basically, I think my parents bought the console on clearance, since Saturn was out at that time.

Anyway, that's why Sonic will always be special to me, since it was my first gaming experience.

I'd love to hear from others about their first gaming experiences too.
    Last edited by Vortexx1988; 9th-December-2013 at 17:16. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The first console and game bought for me was an NES that came with the pack in Mario/Duck Hunt cart.

The first console I bought with my own money, after a hiatus from gaming, was a PS2 and a copy of Xenosaga Episode 1.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From what I can remember it was a NES with mario/duckhunt either a present or birthday present, cant remember that far back very well.

Bought a first gen PS2 with my own dosh and got DOA 2 Hardcore and MGS2, those Graphics made me literally sick until I got used to um
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

One of those shitty fake NES consoles and cartridge with Mario, Dr Mario, Tanks and Duck Hunt.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sega Master System with some crappy snail maze game built in. Not long after, my mum traded it for a Mega Drive and Streets of Rage was the order of the day.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well since I grew up as a PC gamer the first actual console I bought was the PS2, and I believe FFX and God of War were among the first games I played on it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NES with Mario/Duck Hunt, Mario 3, Zelda 1, Tetris, and Dr. Mario. First game was Mario, then Zelda. I was... 3 at the time, I think.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow. Seems like a lot of people were NES/Mario kids.

Thanks
    EP Points

My first console is a PS1. I can't really remember my absolute first game, but I do remember Megaman X4 being one of the first games I've ever played.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

First system was Commodore 64 and the first games I recall playing are Bubble Bobble, Count Duckula, Peter Pack Rat, Masters of the Universe, Space Invaders, some boat game and that smiling face pseudo-3D game.

But the NES is what turned me into a gamer. I love that system so much.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh I'm quite stupid, I read the title as "first console you bought", as in, with your own money and stuff. If we're talking of the stuff I had as a kid, then I gotta go with Commodore 64 as well. I don't quite remember what the absolute first game I played was, but my earliest memories are of Street Rod.

Thanks
    EP Points

SNES and either Mario World or Donkey Kong Country my brain still conflicts me about that too this day. When I was 3 my dad got me the SNES during the Sonic 2 Genesis promotion at Best Buy. I'll never forget those Sonic and Tails balloons floating above me
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

My first system was not a console. It was a Sinclair Spectrum can't really recall the first game I had, but among the first games I played were The Abbey of Crime and Ant Attack.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    My first system was not a console. It was a Sinclair Spectrum can't really recall the first game I had, but among the first games I played were The Abbey of Crime and Ant Attack.

Was that the computer that had the really odd colours? If I'm thinking of the same one, it can only show like, 5 colours on the screen at a time.

Thanks

Well I can't remember if I first played the Commodore 64 or the Sega Master System, but I don't own the Sega, so I'll go with the C64, I think my first game was Super Stuntman, I still have the C64 but I download & play C64 games on emulator nowadays, I notice the Super Stuntman rom on here is different than the version I had for the C64, it doesn't have the options at the start it just goes straight to the main screen, I'd like to find my version.
    Last edited by dman100percent; 12th-December-2013 at 02:41.