Page 110 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4004

Thread: The Funk Out - ALL* ABOARD THE MOTHERSHIP [*Hockey fans only]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Problems with std's again?
    Can't contract STD's without sexual contact.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Didn't you play Witcher 2 at 640x480 or something?
    I TRIED to play it at 640x480.

Still only ran around 8fps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    1280x1024 ftw.
    Is that what you're running atm?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    I could see that.
    But hasn't Nintendo been making third-party developers go through rings of fire for a long time, even when the franchise was on top?
    Yeah, Ninty was never inviting to the third party devs. It's finally biting them in the ass though, at least as far as the console is concerned.
    3DS is in it's own league. Nothing will ever take away it's success.

Thanks
    EP Points

Games on the Vita are literally just like a PS3 game. The dual sticks work very well, and there's plenty of buttons and touch spots to make anything work.

I was never real crazy about the PSP. I always thought the lack of that second stick was just retarded..... especially when the MGS games came out and used the face buttons as the second camera.
    That was soooo bad.
    PSP is a favorite of mine. The lack of second analog never bothered me because I don't want to experience shitty tank controls on it.

Which is what annoys me most about Vita. Vita's got touch both on its back and front, so they can technically pull off a "metroid hunters" like control for FPS which would close resemble PC controls, yet everyone goes for dual analog shenanigans by default.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    I TRIED to play it at 640x480.

Still only ran around 8fps.
    I think it's time for a bit of an upgrade bro

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    PSP is a favorite of mine. The lack of second analog never bothered me because I don't want to experience shitty tank controls on it.

Which is what annoys me most about Vita. Vita's got touch both on its back and front, so they can technically pull off a "metroid hunters" like control for FPS which would close resemble PC controls, yet everyone goes for dual analog shenanigans by default.
    So judging from this post, you are pretty much strictly a PC gamer?

Thanks
    EP Points

Didn't you play Witcher 2 at 640x480 or something?
    640x480 I understand. But from 1024x768 you go to 1280x720 and then 1920x1080. You get rid of 4:3. YOU GET RID OF IT.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, Ninty was never inviting to the third party devs. It's finally biting them in the ass though, at least as far as the console is concerned.
    3DS is in it's own league. Nothing will ever take away it's success.
    Printing money, and I'm glad to own one.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

So judging from this post, you are pretty much strictly a PC gamer?
    I mainly play on PC but I like some consoles too, specially the Sony ones. If it's available on PC I play it on PC though.

PSP was my "PC on the go" for such a long time... I hope Vita gets hacked soon. I want my homebrew.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, especially by releasing broken games on systems and NEVER bothering to fix the issues. Looking at you Skyrim PS3....
    Beth is a little spotty lately, but I'm really looking forward to another Fallout.
    That is more to do with the PS3 system itself. Why else do you think Sony had to work closely with Beth to try to sort out issues?
    And some Beth dlc was never released on that platform either (unless they sorted it out years later and I overlooked an update somewhere).
    Yeah, the games also may seem buggy on PC...but many people run mods so I don't think many of the complaints are that valid.
    Never had any major problems with Beth games on 360 But I've only ever had a slim trinity.

Last time I saw major probs was using TES III on original Xbox...frequent freezes after you've been playing it for a while. And I've witnessed quite a few instances of falling through the terrain with one of the saves I still have (which has a ridiculous amount of playing time on it).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

On the other hand, my brother's got a Vita, so I'm thinking maybe I get a second hand 3DS if I find a cheap one and we can swap handhelds from time to time, get the best of both worlds....

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    That is more to do with the PS3 system itself. Why else do you think Sony had to work closely with Beth to try to sort out issues?
    And some Beth dlc was never released on that platform either (unless they sorted it out years later and I overlooked an update somewhere).
    Yeah, the games also may seem buggy on PC...but many people run mods so I don't think many of the complaints are that valid.
    Never had any major problems with Beth games on 360 But I've only ever had a slim trinity.

Last time I saw major probs was using TES III on original Xbox...frequent freezes after you've been playing it for a while. And I've witnessed quite a few instances of falling through the terrain with one of the saves I still have (which has a ridiculous amount of playing time on it).
    I think most of the problems with PS3 had nothing to do with PS3 but rather the developers personal preference. 360 was "easier" to develop on, so most devs just went on with 360 and then tried to port it to PS3 at a later stage. Needless to say that's not a good idea and will result in a buggy port most of the times. The same happened with a few games that were developed on PS3 and then ported to 360, resulting in buggy 360 versions.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    I could see that.
    But hasn't Nintendo been making third-party developers go through rings of fire for a long time, even when the franchise was on top?
    They were especially bad for that back in the NES/SNES days. Exclusivity deals, making sure they were the only ones allowed to physically make the cartridges, minimum order requirements, "family friendly" requirements, only allowed to release 5 games a year, etc, up until the FTC fined them (or something) after they were accused off anti-trust behaviour. They were still pretty strict after that, but not as bad. They haven't kept up with the standards of the industry, though, and are definitely below the curve when compared to Microsoft and Sony nowadays.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I think most of the problems with PS3 had nothing to do with PS3 but rather the developers personal preference. 360 was "easier" to develop on, so most devs just went on with 360 and then tried to port it to PS3 at a later stage. Needless to say that's not a good idea and will result in a buggy port most of the times. The same happened with a few games that were developed on PS3 and then ported to 360, resulting in buggy 360 versions.
    Basically, complacency kills sells.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."