Thread: Would This Pc be good enough for pcsx2?

Thanks

Default Would This Pc be good enough for pcsx2?

I may be getting my mom's old laptop soon, and I was wondering if it would be good enough for most ps2 games emulated in hd on pcsx2. I've already tried a dreamcast emulator on the pc and it was about 48-60 fps on highest settings.also info on dolphin wii hd emulation would be nice

4gb ram
    AMD a4 3300-mm cpu 2.6 or 2.7ghz(i'm pretty sure its 2.7 though)
    amd radeon hd 6850 gpu

Thanks
    EP Points

Should be enough with speedhacks etc., but don't expect perfect 60 FPS with 6x native resolution etc. With 1x native almost all games should run normally, try 2x to 4x native (with 3x you should see barely any edges, so you DON'T need to activate MSAA via HW Hacks, it will eat your FPS anyway). BTW, you know that there is no real "HD" with PCSX2 or Dolphin, or? Why? Because the textures are not HD, so it always will be a fake-like HD. Just because you using a resolution of 1920x1080 doesn't mean you have real HD. ^^ With Dolphin you can use custom textures (yes even 4K Ultra-HD textures), but it was a bit complicated to get all vanilla textures in the first place. Some years back I completely played through Xenoblade Chronicles, just to get all possible textures and share them with the community. I don't know if they made something out of it, but here's the thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Threa...1u-sep-28-2012

Oh and try to get my up-to-date package, not just PCSX2 1.0.0 from the main page.
    Last edited by messiahgov; 27th-November-2013 at 20:49.