Thread: Anyone want to help with beta testing?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Anyone want to help with beta testing?

Maia - Revenge Of The End Of The Line - http://eternalcity.netai.net/arcade.html
    There shouldn't be many, if any bugs left, but the game still needs to be tested for super imbalances. Like totally overpowered skills, unreasonable bosses, etc, trying to smooth out the fun factor.

It's a semi-multiplayer, text-based game with a graphical element, set on a vast, planetary world with a multitude of playable race and class combinations. The goal is to figure out how to stop a storm which will destroy the planet after about an hour of playing (although you can continue playing over again with the same character). If you triumph, genetically modified dragons emerge and begin to destroy the planet again. There's also a zombie apocalypse, so good luck.

Once you have created a character, type the word "list" by itself to begin learning commands. Use these commands to overcome the challenges which you find while exploring. You can download the executable or play it via shockwave in your browser. The download includes an updated readme text with commands, tips, race list and class list with skills. There's also source code available for Director MX 9.0 or later, if you're interested in modding or creating something similar (or not similar).

Love and hugs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zenaple For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm suppose I could check it out. Never hurts to help people out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Corey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sure, i cant

EDIT :

Oops. I thinks the website is underconstruction? lol
    Last edited by lrichard2112; 25th-November-2013 at 08:28. Reason: doubt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lrichard2112 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

would like to but as lrichard2112 pointed out, can't...yet (maybe?)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to treos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lrichard2112 View Post
    Sure, i cant

EDIT :

Oops. I thinks the website is underconstruction? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    would like to but as lrichard2112 pointed out, can't...yet (maybe?)
    You can still download it. Just scroll down a bit.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wyrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hrm, you should still be able to pull the dcr up in a browser window, without needing to download the executable (although the download is better suited for full screen, and has the updated readme). dcr is the file type for shockwave. There's also a graphical link near the bottom that should open the dcr for you in a new window. Hope all is well. Good luck, and cheers.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok, i see it now (didn't bother to try scrolling down before )

will download and try it now.

edit: um...didn't think it'd be that kind of text based game. sorrybut i'm no good with those where you have to type everything thing out. (movement/pick up this/examine that/etc.) i've tried such a game in the form of a MUD but i could never get used to it.

i know its not really good to quit on a game after just a few minutes of playing (or less) but yeah, not my kind of game. sorry :/
    Last edited by treos; 30th-November-2013 at 07:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

No worry, treos.

I've always had a fondness for text games though, such as books versus movies, it's totally different. Something about the imagination always seems so much more real to me. I've messed around with the idea of having text but with more button like commands. But aliases, such as n for north is pretty close to that, and also being able to type anything is part of the infinite interaction. I don't know, seems like today the audience for this kind of game is getting smaller and smaller and I feel like that's a crying shame. I don't even know anyone who reads books anymore.

Anyway, no worry if the typing is too much, I totally understand. I wish there was a game console like a kindle reader with telepathic input

Thanks
    EP Points

Seems like a pretty cool game, I may play it when I've got time.

The graphics are done pretty well though, so I'll give you that.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a bit of advice. Not meaning this to be rude to OP, but before beta testing any game on a site you don't know be sure to update all of your plug in's like Flash/Java ect.

I might try it out though, on a day off.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zenaple View Post
    I don't know, seems like today the audience for this kind of game is getting smaller and smaller and I feel like that's a crying shame. I don't even know anyone who reads books anymore.
    i know the feeling, really i do as i rather like old text based browser games (those with no lvl caps in particular) like Eternal Wars, the lost runes, and dragon soldier to name a few (google if interested) but sadly its getting exceedingly hard to find any of them these days. least any fantasy games and not those based on the mafia or anything could care less for games based on criminal activity, unless its hacking maybe.

as for books, do fanfics counts? (sorry for going off topic, was still related in the way of text based games at least)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    before beta testing any game on a site you don't know be sure to update all of your plug in's like Flash/Java ect.
    shockwave has gotten weird ever since adobe took it over. suddenly old files are unsupported with the new plugins and the developing software is hardcore antitheft. they are redesigning it to force developers to constantly buy updated versions, turning the whole technology into a perverted cash crop. it's like needing to buy a playstation3 just to keep your old playstation1 working. adobe is evil. I really wish I had made the game with javascript.

thanks everyone.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zenaple View Post
    shockwave has gotten weird ever since adobe took it over. suddenly old files are unsupported with the new plugins and the developing software is hardcore antitheft. they are redesigning it to force developers to constantly buy updated versions, turning the whole technology into a perverted cash crop. it's like needing to buy a playstation3 just to keep your old playstation1 working. adobe is evil. I really wish I had made the game with javascript.

thanks everyone.
    Does this have anything to do with the point of my post?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Does this have anything to do with the point of my post?
    I thought it did because I thought you were talking about having problems with shockwave. Now I understand you were talking about security though. No worry, and not at all rude. I know even with shockwave you can add all sorts of "xtras" so it's good advise.
    Last edited by zenaple; 10th-December-2013 at 03:03.