Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slayers 2.7 evox AID format HDD

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry need to be more clear I was joking that switching hdd 4 xbox would take as long as ftp opl iso's take to install. and was asking if I had to take the games off hdd before I use chimp.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It would be an idea to remove the games first yes as transferring the system itself can take a while, having games on top of that is only going to make the process even longer.

Once you get Avalaunch on there though FTP of ISO's via qwix takes a very short amount of time per game, it does add up though if you want tons of games coppied over I was doing something like 15 to 20 games per day, possibly more depends on the size of the games data, you can do more per day with ease but I was doing more than simply FTPing I was also testing them when I was running through what games needed fixing for use from HDD and what screen mode they ran in from HD Component video cables and making fixed between each batch of games I uploaded.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-November-2013 at 14:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I ftp from filezilla and I ordered from richpsxparts another ba cable so I'll see if it's official and then if the problem is in the controller thanks for more info so if controller work's I'll remove scrapland before I use chimp. [I also use s-video cable for xbox-ps1-gcn looks great on lcd emerson tv] the joke I was making was from what your saying and dude on youtube chimp tutorial that formatting the drive is like waiting for opl-hdldumb 0.2.3 to instal iso very wait 2 hours SLOW.
    Last edited by soratron; 3rd-December-2013 at 14:29.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

FTPing games from Filezilla is a bad idea bigger games will become corrupt using Filezilla to Xbox (no errors will be shown, but games will bug out and that has nothing to do with xbox HDD issues or file issues from the source but file issues caused by using FileZilla)

Filezilla is still good to use for transfurring small amounts of files or for updating files or emulators and roms, but for Xbox games use qwix or c-xboxtool also remember that xbox iso's are not the same as PS2 iso's they use a xbox file system that can't be extracted the same way as a PS2 disc image can

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Chimp wait a while/ OPL wait a while = time joke waste time with u tube since both will make u wait. I've installed halo 2- conker live reloaded- still life- blood omen 2 all 4.34gb played from start to end except still life recent download don't see any on xbox errors your talking about they work fine for me ultimate spiderman glass building no longer flickers in goblin fight rf error i guess.
    Last edited by soratron; 3rd-December-2013 at 22:27.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's hit or miss, but I don't really care if you believe what I say or not. I was beyond that with you a long time back

To be honest I don't even know why I still give you support, you get the support then argue it. that just makes asking for and or getting advice in general pointless.

You have been warned about FileZilla I will not say anything else about it, find out the hard way.

As I have FTP'd every english game I could find (just under 1000 Xbox games, not all at once) you would think I might know some things and even hacked a large number of games to boot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0 has my test results and lists all the games I tested

Even before I ran through that huge bout of testing I have been using the Original Xbox on and off for a number of years now and have tried using all sorts to copy data to the xbox in my time.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-December-2013 at 22:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry if I offend u What I meant was I'll go with what works 4 now then switch to qwix or what ever if I run into any probs or if I still can't upgrade hdd I'll burn the games took dvd drive from first xbox now disc run great xbox-hq needs to redo their compat list sony v2.0 dvd-r will work on v1.0 thompson drive. I also think your right on the corruption thing for things like coinops so I'll try that agian if I get new hdd in. Thanks 4 all the help this is the last time I'll ask 4 anyone help last console I'll mod. if things don't work I'll stick 2 dvd-r, at least xbmc works
    Last edited by soratron; 4th-December-2013 at 06:20.