Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slayers 2.7 evox AID format HDD

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Angry Slayers 2.7 evox AID format HDD

Hi me again mr.scarecrow birdie.... Seriously the title says it all I want to try formatting & install hdd with this disc can someone give a very well detailed step by step guide on how to format/install my 400gb hdd without xbhdm or chimp.
    I'm getting tired of setbacks 4 now so far pc wont read disc right, one hdd dead, chimp only works with official controllers but controller had not breakaway 3rd party breakaway does not work So someone tell me.... WILL THIS METHOD WORK!? -[
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Slayers is only for modchips.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks can you tell me if the breakaway I got is a joke 3rd party controller I connect it I feel a little click when I insert it but the intec breakaway does not even feel like it's connecting to the board. Xbox detects dvd rf 3rd party but not the new official s controller.
    Also the controller does nothing when plugged in hence hdd problem number 4.
    Last edited by soratron; 19th-November-2013 at 04:20.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Maybe I'm just tired, but I'm not really following what you're saying

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry, what I meant was, is the reason my microsoft S controller not working the intec breakaway cable or the controller got controller at ebay but it didn't come with the ba cable the 3rd party s controller works and when I plug them in the fake S feels like it's actually going in the ba cable does not feel like it's really touching anything.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To sum up what you are saying

You have...

A Official Xbox Controller

A 3rd Party Xbox Controller

A 3rd Party Breakaway cable

You don't have...

A Official Breakway cable

The Official Controller is not working but the 3rd Party Controller does work (both are via the 3rd Party Breakaway)

Answer...

There is no reason the official controller would not work in a 3rd party breakaway unless the connections between the controller and the breakaway does not fit correctly that from what you are saying, might be possible but sounds like the real controller might just be broken.

It is hard for us to tell though unless we have the same hardware or at least have the same 3rd party breakaway to hand to test with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-November-2013 at 12:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks deadlegion for slayers info and thanks zorlon I'll buy a official breakaway cable and see if that changes anything with the official controller but your wrong on the 3rd party controller it has the breakaway part built in that's why it works.
    If I still can't get things to work I'll just burn all my games only reason I'm jumping through these hoops is the disc drive is thompson and from googling it's the crapiest laser drive in it and wanted it to last for halo and other games I got with the xbox already get the dirty disc error on and off.
    Last edited by soratron; 19th-November-2013 at 13:13.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There you go, you just need to be a bit more clear with your posts or you could end up with bad advise.

If all goes well and you manage to upgrade that HDD you will never need to run any games from the CD/DVD drive again, I even made fixes for most the games that have issues running from HDD (I think I may have missed some though or they need testing fully something I have not got round to yet)

Myself I just swapped my CD/DVD drive from my 1.6 xbox [One of the best CD/DVD drives] to my 1.2/1.3 Xbox but I never use the drive to be honest as everything I run is from the HDD even the games I do have retail discs for.

Not many games have issues from HDD though, the ones that do have issues, use file names that are not accepted via the HDD format FATX either they are longer than 42 characters or they use special characters not accepted by FATX the ones I fixed I changed the file names and then changed the reference to those files either in the main xbe or in another file that points to those files, a couple with Dirty Disc Errors and a couple that just boot to a black screen

HDD Problem games I have fixed

I only fixed NTSC versions, but PAL versions will have the same issues, the few PAL games listed/fixed are PAL only [there is no NTSC version].

Alter Echo [NTSC-U]
    Enter The Matrix [NTSC-U]
    Frankie Dettori Racing - Melbourne Cup Challenge [PAL-E]
    Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball [NTSC-U]
    IndyCar Series 2005 [NTSC-U]
    Inside Pitch 2003 [NTSC-U]
    James Bond 007 - Everything or Nothing [NTSC-U]
    Leisure Suit Larry - Magna Cum Laude [NTSC-U]
    LMA Manager 2005 [PAL-E]
    NBA Live 06 [NTSC-U]
    NBA Live 07 [NTSC-U]
    NFL Fever 2004 [NTSC-U]
    NRL Rugby League [PAL-AU] (couldn't find NTSC copy xbe has cracked intro :/ don't remember if I uploaded that fix)
    Sims 2, The [NTSC-U]
    Sims, The Bustin Out [NTSC-U]
    TOCA Race Driver 2 [NTSC-U]
    TOCA Race Driver 3 [NTSC-U]
    True Crime - New York City [NTSC-U] (not fully tested, not sure I uploaded the fix for that one)
    Xbox Music Mixer [NTSC-U]

There are only 5 games that are not fixed & 1 that I never fully tested 'True Crime - NYC'

Not Fixed

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [NTSC-U] I have not fixed it yet, I found it a bit dull to test play through.
    Monster Gararge [NTSC-U] Thought I had that fixed... I know I started testing it, unless I just never finished testing it (It has a few file names used that are too big)
    NRL Rugby League [NTSC-U] Couldn't find a copy of it, it still needs fixing though [I did fix a copy of the AU version, but that has a cracked intro that I didn't like]
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland [NTSC-U] Not tested or fixed yet
    Tony Hawk's Project 8 [NTSC-U] I couldn't get it to crash or anything so not so sure it had a problem missing the 2 files that are not FATX named (the files are logo skins)

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87072 has a full list of fixes I uploaded
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-November-2013 at 15:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'll be using cd drive since I don't feel like wasting hdd on cd games zapper-future tactics & curse eye of isis & aliens vs preditor extinction or the games I have on factory media. Like ps2 if it's on disc it's not on hdd.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Up to you, but considering your drive is messed up and gives DRE's it is the best option, that and just about all xbox drives suck with CD-R's
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-November-2013 at 00:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Actually they're cd-rw memorex 80min also works with neogenesis on rw and memorex dvd+r memorex movies other reason for hdd cut down on burning videos and music discs ps2/xbox iso's hit and miss, and get 186gb off my pc.
    Last edited by soratron; 20th-November-2013 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

question if the new ba cable works can I and how long will it take to transfer fromm old hdd to new one?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

depends on how full it is or not, it can take hours, it takes a canny while anyway, so I would just do something else while it messes on.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

so basically like uploading ps2 to hdd times THANK GOD FOR YOUTUBE! And whant I forgot to post was with a game on hdd.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is not the same as what you asked, to FTP games takes hardly any time at all but that depends on the size of the game also (faster than PS2 )

The quickest way to FTP is via qwix+avalaunch (you get boosts with that, that are beyond what is possible normally via FTP)

avalaunch is a dashboard but I personally wouldn't use it as a dashboard I use it as an app and only use it when I am organizing my xbox games on the HDD, comes in handy as you can also remove old saves and FTP at faster speeds with qwix (that is good because there is a limit of apx 250 saves and if that limit is hit you can not run any new games or homebrew after that)

emulators ect on xbox count as one game so the SNES emulator for xbox counts as 1 game and does not create saves for every game in the saves folder used by xbox games it only creates one save that has settings ect all games played it have saves stored in other locations

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87071 is worth looking at especially for you as it outlines HDD limitations and has a few hints to avoid bricking the system from playing new content
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-November-2013 at 16:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]